Toddlers: 24 Months+

What is this clean-up song?

Is it a well-known song? Where do I find it? I hear about it here and IRL and have no idea what it is or how I'm supposed to know it. 

I don't think it will help DS pick up his toys at all, but for my general kid knowledge I should know it. LOL. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is this clean-up song?

• We sing:

Clean up, Clean up, Everybody Everywhere

Clean Up, Clean up, Everybody does their share.

E-8/9/08, A-6/7/10, W-1/11/12
  • Ds does a faster and better job cleaning up most of the time if I play Clean It Up by Laurie Berkner. You should be able to get the mp3 from amazon or iTunes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, so there are several versions or different songs? Good to know. I thought there was one clean-up song the entire world knew and I was really clueless. 

Thanks! I'll check it all out. Maybe I can start with DD and get her on it early. :)

• imageshelbym:

We sing:

This is the one I know of.  It's from Barney, I think.  I heard some day care employees at the library play time singing it with their kids a few times. 

Edit: I found it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZUufewt05E

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshelbym:

We sing:

This is the one I know.  I learned it from the other teachers when I used to work in a preschool.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Same as the one posted, but I repeat first line and change 2nd line every time I sing it-

Clean up, clean up everybody everwhere,

Clean up, clean up_________

-everybody do your share- everybody show you care- this goes here and that goes there- etc- depending on my brain's ability to rhyme at the moment.

• I know it from Barney and they must play it at DC b/c S sings it when I tell him it's time to clean up!
  • The Barney clean up song is definitely the more well known version, but the Laurie Berkner song is great too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The one I knew was:

"Put your toys away, don't delay
    Help your Mommy have a happy day"

There's also a cleanup song on an episode of SuperWhy that DD sings when she's picking up her toys. It's basically just "Clean up, clean up, let's clean up" over and over again. But apparently she likes it. I think it's the three bears episode.

• imageCytina:
    I know it from Barney and they must play it at DC b/c S sings it when I tell him it's time to clean up!

Same here.  I actually learned it FROM DS because he just started singing it whenever we'd clean - so cute!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • kegkeg member

DDs have a different one from daycare that's sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle:

Twinkle, twinkle little star

Time to clean up where you are

Put the toys back in their place

With a smile upon your face

Twinkle, twinkle little star

Time to clean up where you are

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I'm a toddler teacher, and sometimes we sing the barney one, other times we sing "it's clean up time in the classroom,

time for girls and boys,

to stop what they're doing,

and clean up their toys"

*but you don't have to actually sing a clean up song, you can pick any song and associate it with cleaning up, one of the preschool teachers uses classical music, 'flight of the bumblebee' when her kids hear it, they know it's clean up time.

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"