Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

DD is in a mommy-only phase

and it is stressing out DH to be alone with her b/c she's so whiney about wanting me.  He tried to kiss her this morning and she told him to "go away"

I know its just a phase.  What are some good strategies for him/them to get through this? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: DD is in a mommy-only phase

• Options

DD has been in this phase all her life. Daddy is good but Mommy is way better. I hoped it would end when we stopped BFing, but it hasn't. And I think DH is far more "fun" than I am!

Remind him it is a phase and that she will favor him soon. Set up special time for just them - the playground, museum, zoo, ice cream run - something where she is his 100% focus. DD always comes home in love with DH when they do this. And encourage him to be super engaged when he's with her, being silly and creative with her.

No great advice. Just, again, that you are not alone.

Your new siggy pic is adorable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options
    We have the opposite going on now and frankly I'm enjoying it! Lol. I've got all this extra time while their in the basement sandbox or DH is putting him to bed. I'm horrible, I know....it's been a rough winter, hah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We go through phases of Daddy being horrible and then Daddy being tolerable but if she has a choice, its all Mommy, all the time.  But I have noticed the more interactive DH is with her and the more I let them figure it out together, the longer the Daddy being tolerable phase lasts.

Sometimes I come home and tell DH that he has to take E out to play or DH tries to think of somewhere to take her on the weekends for a couple of hours because as much as it hurts DH's feelings that she's rejecting him, its just as trying on me to be 100% depended on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"