May 2011 Moms
Options

So my DH and I tried to ....

So my DH and I tried to be intimate today, and frankly it was a little funny! Between struggling to find the right positions, stopping to take a few bathroom breaks, stopping to watch my belly move as LO wiggled, and struggling to just get in the mood, it was not at all successful. Has anyone else had these challenges? Any recommendations on how to overcome them? We're going to try again in a day or so.

I figure it's not too long until the baby gets here and things should be easier. At the same time, with the minimum 6 week dry spell after birth, and the fact that our third trimester hasn't exactly been incredibly sexy, it does feel like a long time! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So my DH and I tried to ....

• Options
    I could have wrote this! I always just start laughing because LO will move so much and then I have to stop because she will push her little tush into my ribs or side and it hurts. Poor DH but hey, at least he is getting some!
  • Options
    same struggle over here. My DH is pretty patient with me but I know he has needs! Getting in the mood for me is the biggest struggle but once we get there I am definitely satisfied. It just cant last too long bc all positions are pretty much uncomfortable haha. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow that sounds like a lot of work! DH and I have barely had sex during this pregnancy mostly because DH is too scared to hurt me to really enjoy himself. Hopefully once I am pregnant with baby #2 DH will get over this lol. Kudos to you guys!
  • Options
    During olur last attempt everything was going pretty smoothly. I was on top until DH starts looking a little off. So I ask if he's ok he says "its hard to concentrate cause your belly is pushing into mine and it's uncomfortable." Oh my bad! lol So we change positions only for the new position to hit my bladder and I scream at him to let me up and go flying into the bathroom to pee! I was done trying after that and finished him with a hand job lol
    Photobucket PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I totally drooled on my husband without realizing it. I was mortified, but could not stop laughing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, story of my life!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Totally understand! We have stayed pretty active-- longest he has ever gone without is like 2 days. Unfortunately it really starting to hurt me :(

I try but with all the pushing from LO and from DH it gets to be WAAAY to much lol. I totally agreee about the dryspell bit following labor- I have no idea how that will go over with DH. I have found that doggie is the best bet for us.. and our best tip.. LOTS OF PILLOWS!!!!! hahaha 

good luck ladies! We are almost through!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am really bummed out because I am not allowed to have sex (doctor's orders) due to PTL.  To top it off... I have turned into a huge hornball.  I seem to want it all the time now, and DH doesn't.  That bums me out, but he says that he is "just having a dry spell."  I sure hope that's the truth!!

• Options
    I just wish that my DH could get over the weirded out/afraid thing and actually want to have sex with me. I keep asking him if he thinks we'll have sex again before LO is born and he says "yes" but it hasn't happened yet. The last time we were intimate was Valentine's Day and I was much smaller then so I don't know if there is any hope at trying to seduce him these days! I think that I'm just gonna have to jump his bones one of these nights!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am not even sure I have had sex this year yet.  Which is pitiful.  I do remember it was right around Christmas last time.  No positions really work and it is just uncomfortable and not fun.  Even dh thinks pg sex sucks.  I do look forward to normal sex when I am not pg anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The last time we did it... sometime in February, it was beyond awkward! We have not even tried since then... I either feel horrible or hurt, and to be honest, he is so scared that he is going to make me go into labor!

It really sucks because I miss the intimacy! However, it is just so bad when we try...

• Options
    Not allowed either, due to PTL scare a couple of weeks ago...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAJAmbriz:

Totally understand! We have stayed pretty active-- longest he has ever gone without is like 2 days. Unfortunately it really starting to hurt me :(

I try but with all the pushing from LO and from DH it gets to be WAAAY to much lol. I totally agreee about the dryspell bit following labor- I have no idea how that will go over with DH. I have found that doggie is the best bet for us.. and our best tip.. LOTS OF PILLOWS!!!!! hahaha 

good luck ladies! We are almost through!! 

This!! We have found that spooning works really well too! DH had a little trouble being scared with DD but he is def over that this time around. The only thing that makes us go w/out for a few days is how sore I get on my legs down there. (post from a couple days ago about being puffy and raw down there)

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"