Parenting after a Loss
Options

my kid is weird.

so Harper cries and rolls and kicks for all diaper changes.(especially since her horrid yeast infection)

Today we discovered that she does not to this if you let her pick an stuffy from her shelf, and then use it as a pillow... oh, and hand her a book to read while you are changing her.  Tonight she got her butt changed while laying her head on a stuffed pig in a tutu while reading the Sesame Street Fairy Tale Alphabet.... and refused to leave the changing table until we had turned to the next page for her....

This is ridiculous... are we spoiling her or just getting through life... or both?Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: my kid is weird.

• Options
    K has to have a book or stuffed toy in order for us to get through changing also. I think it's entertaining NOT spoiling.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I say do whatever makes both you, and her happy. If it's laying her head on a stuffed pig reading sesame street...so be it :)

DD like to hold my cell phone, or play peek-a-boo with her pants, which we can't put back on until she decides she is done and hands them to you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Addison has to hold her bendy ball to get a diaper change without rolling around.  She only gets changed on the changing table in the morning (and only the mornings that I'm here when she wakes up).  Otherwise, DH changes her downstairs on a changing mat on the floor.  DH discovered the bendy ball trick, and it totally works!  You're not  spoiling her ... you're just making life easier for all involved. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"