Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Have you given LO cow's milk yet?

I want Eva to be down to 1-2 nursing sessions by one year. I'm thinking about slowly introducing cow's milk.

If you've given LO cow's milk, how have they reacted to it? How often/how much do you give them?

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Have you given LO cow's milk yet?

• Options
    We started adding about a half ounce to her last bottle of the day. There been no reaction really and she eats it up. She had a bit more tonight because I couldn't pump enough last night. Our plan is to slowly up the amount of cow's milk in that last bottle and lower the amount of breastmilk so that it's all cow's milk at 11 months. She'll have that bottle of cow's milk for a week and then we'll introduce another each week until she's mostly weaned right at 1 year. My supply has been dropping a bit and I think we're both ready to be done with bf'ing. I hope my plans work out :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've been giving DS some with his snacks. He likes it, but doesn't drink a lot. I'm not really sure how we're going to wean since he nurses to sleep.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we had to supplement around 10 months and I asked the doctor about cows milk rather than formula. She okayed it b/c it was only 2-4oz a day. He's up to one bottle of cows milk now and I'm producing enough for the rest of the day. I'm in no rush to wean. BUT how we introduced it... I read up about doing 3/4 BM and 1/4 CM in a bottle for a few days and over the course of a couple weeks lessen the BM and add the CM... yeah right DH put 5oz in a bottle and down it went! He'll take it hot or cold in a bottle... we're working on the sippy cup. My plan is probably sometime this summer stop pumping at work. I'm down to 1 session now. Then I feed on demand during the night (usually 1-3 feedings) and then we usually have 2-3 feedings during the day when I'm home.
  • Options

My DS has been a pretty finicky nurser since he started solids.  I have to work very hard to get milk into him, so at about 10.5 months I started giving him a sippy with a couple ounces of cow's milk in it for one meal a day just to see if he was o.k. with it. . . .now at 11.5 months he gets a sippy with a couple oz. of cow's milk for all meals as well as his regular nursing sessions and EBM.  I will stop pumping at a year since he's fine with the cow's milk.  He will likely nurse down for naps for a while after that.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options

imagestella_blu:
    We started adding about a half ounce to her last bottle of the day. There been no reaction really and she eats it up. She had a bit more tonight because I couldn't pump enough last night. Our plan is to slowly up the amount of cow's milk in that last bottle and lower the amount of breastmilk so that it's all cow's milk at 11 months. She'll have that bottle of cow's milk for a week and then we'll introduce another each week until she's mostly weaned right at 1 year. My supply has been dropping a bit and I think we're both ready to be done with bf'ing. I hope my plans work out :)

This is how were making the switich except we use a sippy cup, DD almost fully off the bottle and started giving it to her with her breakfast.  I have also been giving some, 2oz, with her dinner not mixed with BM.  She loves it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"