Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

pajama issue

My daughter got her foot stuck in her shirt today during nap time.  She has two piece pajamas and one piece with footies.  I usually have her in her two pieces for just naptime because it is warmer in the house during the day.  Seriously she had her foot stuck coming out of the neck of her shirt............WHAT!   I knew she was limber but my god I have to worry about her pajamas now :)
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: pajama issue

• Options
    Why do you change her into PJs for naps?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAbinormal:
    because we live in south florida and always have the AC on and she is usually in shorts and a shirt...so she would freeze :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry to hear that. Add this to the list of reasons why I love sleep sacks and I'm glad DS still wears one for naps and bedtime.

I have a different issue with PJ's. DS is very big for his age. He's tall, but tall and chunky. He's now a size 2T and footed PJs in that size are so long and skinny. They'll never fit him. So for now we're stretching the crap out of the footed PJs he has and hoping they hold him over until it's warmer here and he can wear the two piece PJs again.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagerosesandpeonies:
    imageAbinormal:
    because we live in south florida and always have the AC on and she is usually in shorts and a shirt...so she would freeze :)

Seriously, NOT being snarky at all here, but I'm kinda confused too.....if she's wearing shorts and a shirt while awake/playing/in the house and isn't freezing..........why would napping in the house be any different?  I think you're creating more work for yourself to change her in and out of her PJs for naps.

Also, you could use a light blanket during her naps so that she isn't chilly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LOL, What a wretched mom I am! I just throw a light blanket on LO (which I guess is a suffocation hazard) and I forgo the footed jammies for two pieces and just put socks on LO to keep her fee warm (I guess the socks would be a chocking hazard) and to top it all off...I don't buy the flame retardant pajamas so LO is in a pair of cotton stretchy pants and a cotton shirt (so I guess she's out of luck if the place catches on fire)...yep I am a horrible mother!

I don't change LO for naps but I add socks and a light weight blanket (receiving blanket weight) as needed. She starts out warm but then cools as she sleeps. 

ETA: And holy cow, how did your LO get their foot stuck that way?! I have to admit I would have run for the camera first...another sign of what a horrible mother I am ;-) 

• Options
    We put DS in a sleep sack for naptime when we are home.  Otherwise he takes his socks off and sucks on them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"