Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Activities for first birthday party

Do you have any activities planned for you LO's 1st bday party? DD's party is this weekend and I haven't even thought of what we are going to do. I know she is too young for games, but what is everyone else planning to do? Just hang out, have cake, maybe some gifts? There will only be a few other kids there. I just don't want people to get bored.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Activities for first birthday party

• We didn't have any games at our party.  Everyone sat a round and talked and had fun, it was a like when you get together for a BBQ...you eat and socialize.  With a 1st Birthday, you have that plus cake and presents.
  • We're having a small party, and there will only be 3 or 4 kids there.  I am going to print out some coloring pages and have crayons there for them, but that's about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't really have any activities planned.  We are having it at a park, so there is a playground for the kids to play on.  Other than that, we are planning on just hanging out with our family and friends.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My tentative plan is to have the party at about 5:30pm and have beers and brats for the adults, hot dogs for the kids. If we have a lot of kids there I might hire a baloon artist to keep them entertained.

At 6:30 I'm going to show a video, which I will cut together on iMovie the hundreds of flip camcorder clips and also some stills, of Gage's first year. We'll say something to the crowd thanking them for their support this year, etc. We'll sing happy birthday and Gage will have his cake and we'll give him his gift from us. I dont really want to open up all the other gifts with tons of kids around if I can help it.

Then I'll pass off our baby boy to my mom or MIL to give him a bath and put him to bed while we enjoy some cocktails on our patio with friends as the party will officially transition to a "we survived a year of parenthood" party.

We'll see how that works out but that's what I'm hoping for.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We always have activities for the kids. I find it boring when people don't, but that's just me.

We are having "pin the bowtie on the Cat in the Hat", the kids are making pin wheels, we are having a pinata (filled with snacks) and there will be a guessing game of how many m&m's are in the pot. We have a wide variety of ages though too. We may have one more game.

image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
  • Ours is at a musuem so we'll tour the musuem and then the kids ride on the kiddie carousel. They also do a craft with the children and they are supposed to show a short fire safety film but I nixed that since the bulk of the children (about 75%) are under 3.  I've been to two 1st birthdays this year and one had a wide mix of kids and free play was the only activity and the kids loved it and the other had a majority of older kids 5-10 so they had a pinata and a pin the flower on minnie along with free playtime. It was great, the kids played while the adults chatted at both parties! I think if you have activites great if not the kids usually figure out what to do!
  • Our theme is Circus so I have some games planned for the kids and adults who will be there. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"