Cloth Diapering
Options

Looking for a cloth wipes solution recipe...

I found this website called Zany Zebra Designs and they had a lot of different wipes solution recipes.  It got me thinking about your favorite homemade bum potion.  Please share...

Also wondering if one should do a clean water wipe/rinse after using the solutions.

Thanks Ladies!

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Looking for a cloth wipes solution recipe...

• Options

My personal wipe solution is 2.5 cups of water (I think that's how much fits in my wipe warmer), 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of baby wash, 3(ish) drops of tea tree oil.

You can really just use warm water though..

Oh, and no I don't do a clean water rinse after. I just dip my wipe in the solution, wipe and diaper. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options

I couldn't use a recipe with soap in it.  Any soap residue left on my oldest son's bum would cause him to break out in an ecxema rash. 

Here's what I use:

(mix all ingredients in a disposable wipes container--fold cloth wipes to pop up out of container and lay wipes into solution)

2 cups distilled water (we have a reverse osmosis system, so I use that water)

2-3 oz aloe vera juice

2-3 oz witch hazel

2-3 drops tea tree oil  

One week of using this solution cleared up my son's ecxema rash that he had for 6 months prior (we were using sposies and disposable wipes).  I swear by it.  

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do: 2 cups water, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. baby soap/shampoo (I use California Baby).  No rinse after.  
    Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    1/2 cup baby wash, 1/2 cup baby oil, 2 cups water.  No rinse after.
  • Options
    I fill up a spray bottle with water add a few (~3/4) drops of tea tree oil and 2 squirts of baby shampoo (California baby). shake and pour over wipes in a disposable wipes container. I usually have to put a bit more water since half of my wipes are flannel and soak up a lot of water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mine is 2 c water, 2 drops tea tree oil, 2 drops lavender, 4 drops mother's special blend oil
    Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"