Houston Babies
Options

Pumping at the Airport

Do airports usually have pumping rooms?  Is a bathroom stall my only option for pumping?
visit my blog at www.treadingwaterinthekiddiepool.wordpress.com

Re: Pumping at the Airport

• Options
    kj07kj07 member

I recently flew with DS, so I didn't need to pump.  But my sister chatted up a women who was flying and pumping at BWI airport (Baltimore).  In that whole airport the only bathroom with an outlet was the family bathroom in terminal B (I think that's the terminal we were in). 

I don't remember the new legislation saying anything about places like airports supporting BFing or pumping.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    all employers (I'm sure there is a "with at least X# employees" have to provide a clean place for pumping with access to clean water and a reasonable amount of privacy, which is not a bathroom.  You might call the airport(s) you are going through and find out if there is a place for airport staff that could be made available to the public.
    "If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was BFing DS, I traveled with him and had to pump in the airport.  My only choice was the restroom.  I literally brought a chair in restroom (and yes, it was outside of a stall) and pumped outside of the stall area.  I covered myself up with a blanket while I was pumping, and 20 minutes later, I was done.
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

Hi Jenny, I don't know if you've traveled yet, but I heard of another pumping option.

A women I spoke with said the Atlanta airport was very unfriendly for pumping (based on restrooms with outlets), but information suggested that she try the airport clinic.  She reported that the nurses in the clinic were very friendly and let her use an exam room for pumping and it worked out great for her.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    Would you be willing to buy access to the President's Club? It's $10 a day (I think) or a few hundred for the year if you travel a lot. There is a family room in the one by terminal E and though I was traveling with DD, I did use it to BF her in private.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"