Upstate NY Babies
Options

Please tell me this is a phase

The screaming, arching back, kicking, scratching, trying to roll over during diaper change phase? It sounds like we are killing her. I tried changing her at wegmans, I sware this lady was going to call security on me. As soon as she's picked up, instant smile, ya know, Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde?  So I'm assuming this is a tantrum of sorts.... she can move on from this soon, I dread diaper changes. You'd think she's be happy to get out of a soiled diaper. Anything you suggest?

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: Please tell me this is a phase

• Options
    It is a phase that lasts a LONG time.
  • Options

imageTinyPinkBug:

::sigh::

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTinyPinkBug:

and gets worse as they near the terrible twos! 

• Options
    imagemissyjg:

imageTinyPinkBug:

::sigh::

agreed on both accounts :(

Giving her "non-toy" things helps.  The more she shouldn't have it the better haha.  Like your keys, cell phone, nail clippers, desitin tube....

One harmless thing that helps her on and off is the lighted up part of the crack machine.  Since we only use that for noise at night, the cows on the ceiling were a novelty at first.  Also, naming body parts and singing songs is hit and miss.

In public I will sometimes bribe her with chocolate chips to prevent the total melt down.  Shredded cheese works good too.  Bc you know....it's so sanitary to feed my kid while wiping her butt, yuck.

• Options

It's phase and it took L almost 1-1.5 months to get over it and every so often it will rear its ugly head again if I take him away from playing something to change him...

we do signs and I found that telling him with signs before I changed him helped...alittle 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD only does that when I change her in public places, great huh? I usually give her the package of wipes and let her pull some out to distract her. Also I ask her to point to her nose, head, chin etc and that usually gets her mind off it long enough to change her.
  • Options
    haha DH is home with B today. Well he sent me a picture of him in a tool belt filled with things to change her and distract her. His arsonal for operation diaper doodoo he tells me. I can't post the picture from work but it's too funny. At least he has fun with the tantrums:)

. imageimage

• Options

Dylan is in this phase now and it drives me nuts!!!  It is a phase though.  Justin now asks us to change his diaper which I'm hoping is a good sign that he'll be potty trained soon.  He was doing great on the potty and then all of a sudden stopped.  I don't get it since he hates to be in a dirty diaper.  Ok sorry....this post is about you.  Sorry for the tangent....lol.

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"