Maryland Babies
Options

Questions to ask my OB/GYN ?

So obviously this is all very new (and very scary) to me. What questions should I be asking when I meet with her for the first appointment? I can't believe I have to wait two more weeks! UGGG!

Re: Questions to ask my OB/GYN ?

• Options

You can ask for things to expect, what should you call about if/if isn't happening.  I didn't have a lot of questions. 

They will see you every month until later on.  It will creep by for now but then fly by!! 

• Options

Your OB will probably give you a ton of info at your first prenatal appt. Mine came with an interview and a huge bag of folders and pamphlets.

If your practice delivers at more than one hospital, you may want to ask about that and if you can choose which one you'd like to deliver at.

If you have any concerns about what is safe (medicines, foods, etc) I'd ask about that. Sometimes it varies by Dr with what they consider safe - some are more conservative than others.

If you have any health issues or anything that you are concerned about, you could mention it. You will be seeing your Dr a lot during your pregnancy so there will be tons of opportunities to ask questions!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ask about whatever you want to know about - if you don't know anything, ask them to recommend a pregnancy book. 

I asked some questions about weight gain expectations, beauty product exposure, caffeine and alcohol consumption.  I'm sure they will give you a TON of info. but remember alot of it is product information - i.e. cord blood registry, formula, etc. and those are commercial materials.  The infomration isn't necessarily "wrong" but they are trying to sell you something too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd ask what their intervention rates are (induction, c-section, episotomy, etc).  I'd also ask what their policy is on eating during labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageanonsouthernbell:
    I'd ask what their intervention rates are (induction, c-section, episotomy, etc).  I'd also ask what their policy is on eating during labor.

Aren't these set by the hospital and not the individual physician?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    To the above posting, C-Section, induction, and episiotomy rates aren't set by anyone. You should ask for the rates for the hospital where you will deliver, as well as your OB-GYN. These can often vary between different professionals.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

imageanonsouthernbell:

Aren't these set by the hospital and not the individual physician?

What Krismommy said is accurate...I just wanted to respond to tell you that your new sig pic is adorable!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"