D.C. Area Babies

Maternity Leave Ending

I just got my bill for 2 kids in daycare.  Ouch.  It's the same amount as our mortgage payment.  I'm really sad my maternity leave is ending.  I've gotten into a rhythm of being home with both little ones.  I really want to approach my boss about a 30 hour week so I can be home in the afternoon with the kids.  I was going to wait till the fall but I am thinking of broaching it sooner.  I have to go to work this afternoon (bummer) but here's to enjoying my last 3 days of freedom before the chaos ensues.   Cheers!

Re: Maternity Leave Ending

• Good luck!  Sounds like a 30 hour work week would be great.

I would make some kind of recommendation for going back to work and seeing how you feel after a few weeks back, but you can see from my previous post that hasn't helped me any Confused

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good luck!  Three in daycare is more than our mortgage payment, that's for sure!  Ouch is right.

30 hours a week sounds like a dream to me.  I would love to do that, but my (traditional, inflexible) work place would never do it.  I will live vicariously through you.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love it.  After DD #1 I worked 32 hours over 5 days because she went to be so early (5:30 pm).  DD #2 goes down around 7 pm, so I work the majority of my hours M-H and then work from home on Friday in the morning.  Kids still go to DC every day but we are home by 5 (at the latest).  I cook almost all our dinners for the week on Sunday so when we get home I nurse DD #2 and then we play until DH gets home.  We eat and clean up by 6:30 and the kids are in bed by 7-7:30.  It's all very leisurely and not rushed.  I use Friday afternoons to run errands (grocery store, etc) so the weekend can be focused more on the kids and fun things.
  • Sigh!  It was fun to GTG with you. I hope that the 30 hours thing works out or that 40 hours feels better than you think it will.

• I feel your pain.  Two in daycare for us will be the same as our morgatge payment as well.  Right now I work 32 hours a week and LOVE it.  DH said I may have to go back to full time once I get back from maternity leave and I'm soooo not looking forward to that- especially having a newborn, toddler and having a 90 minute commute one way.  I'm hoping I can figure something else out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"