TTC after 35
Options

picking hospital

my husband and i are considering TTC (both over 35).  i really like my gynecologist but she's affiliated with a different hospital than where i was hoping to give birth (mostly because everyone i know who's had babies has gone there but also on paper it seems best). 

a report came out today listing it (newton-wellesley) as #12 in MA and the hospital i was hoping for (brigham&women) is #2. is it worth switching doctors?  what do i need to check out when considering hospitals and how much difference does it make?

Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: picking hospital

• Options
    Hmmm, if you have a doc that you really like, I might choose to keep them and not worry so much about the hospital.  It can be hard to find a doc you like.  You could always ask to do a tour of each of the hospitals and see what kind of a vibe you get while you're there.  Does the staff seem rushed and frazzled?  Is it clean?  Also - check out your insurance coverage; sometimes that can make a huge difference.
    Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• Options
    I am in RI but lived in MA for 15 yrs. I saw that report online yesterday as well. Honestly, I really wouldn't worry about it. Newton-Wellesley is a great hospital. You need to remember that Boston has a lot of awesome hospitals so 12 in Boston could be #1 in another part of the country. If it turns out that you are a high risk pregnancy, look into matters then for Brigham.  I hope this doesn't sound snarky but I wouldn't worry about what hospital you want to go to before you are even pregnant or have started TTC.  A lot of us have never been pregnant and are doing infertility treatments and probably can't give advice on what to look for on a hospital. Maybe ask Pregnant over 35?   Good luck.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, yeah I know it could still be a good hospital it just seems like everyone I know around here picks Brigham.  I wasn't sure which would be the best message board for this but I figured over 35 where we have more chances of risk it might be more important to pick the hospital most likely to be prepared for anything.  But I'll try pregnant over 35 too.  Thanks!
    Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"