North Carolina Babies
Options

look who's not in his crib!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: look who's not in his crib!

• Options
    Wha??? Way to go!! Two big changes in just a short time! Smile
  • Options

lol, well i'm not considering it a success as far as the bed goes, but i'm thankful he is finally napping!  he's been fighting naps since the room change and yesterday the only way i got him to nap at all was by holding him and rocking him for 2 hours! LOL, now while i enjoyed every sweet moment of it, that just can't happen daily. 

so fast forward to today, and he tried to pull the same thing lol.  so after A LOT of crying (him not me lol), i rocked him drowsy and then laid him down in his toddler bed since he kept freaking out in his crib.  so i sat next to him and rubbed his back until he was asleep enough for me to be able to leave. 

so i don't know if this is how the transition to toddler bed begins, but we'll see!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sophabelle i think your transition to a toddler bed is a lil different then most as he was cosleeping and or napping in his crib in your room so it was more transitions in one. I would honestly keep whatu are doing and laying with him and rubbing his back until he's asleep enough for you to leave and then u can slowly move towards laying just for a minute or 2 and letting him fall asleep on his own. we got into a bad cycle with DS joining us at night and nto wanting to be in his room but putting him in his toddler bed has been great for him. we started off laying with him till he was asleep and then leaving and he did fine waking up and us not being there...and then we started just laying for a few miinutes and kissing him good night and he'd go to sleep. there is still some whining involved here and there but nothing major at all. good luck and i hope it all goes well for u.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thanks ak!  that is good advice.  i'll try that again tonight w/bed time and see how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"