Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

This is about to split up my family.

Long story short, I live at my mother in laws with my daughter and husband. His mom lives here too along with his younger brother and sister. We live in the livingroom were we get 0 privacy. The main issue isn't privacy, it's his @$^& sister, she is 16 and thinks she knows everything, talks to me like I'm a moron and I can't say anything back because this is my Mother In Laws house. She also tells her mom that all I do all day is sit around and play on the computer (only true when my little one is sleeping) and that she does all the chores in the house when in reality all she does is REstart the dishwasher after it JUST stopped, or takes out the dog maybe twice a day. And I can't say anything because this is my mother in laws house. I can't stand being in the same room as her because she ignores me like I'm not there which would be ok if she didn't take my daughter away from me when I'm playing with her, or she wakes my daughter up with her big @$$ mouth talking to nobody right next to the babies bed. I've told her not to take my child from me like that and she went whining to her mom saying a bunch of ***, and if I tell her to not talk to loud around the baby she raises her voice even more and tells me to shut my mouth and I can't tell her what to do. She doesn't act this way around her mom just with me. I've had my husband talk to her and their mom since I can't say anything and the problem only gets "fixed" for about a day if that. This is getting to the point I'm about to leave my husband because I can't stand that #$%^! and we can't afford to get our own place. His sister also goes off and tells me that I CAN'T take my daughter to see my mom because she lives in a different state, and that I CAN'T invite my husband and Is friends to our daughters first birthday party or OUR wedding ceremony because she doesn't like them.
She also does "little" things that really gets under my skin, like my daughter clearly just said MAMA and she'll go off and say "you want your NANA?" or my LO clearly said DADA and she'll go off and say "you want your Uncle David?"

I don't know what to do, I don't want to leave my husband but I'm not going to stay here any longer.

Re: This is about to split up my family.

• Options

I just.  I.  I really don't know what to say. 

q

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Is there are reason you (and your H & LO) can't move out?

ETA - didn't see where you mentioned you can't afford it.  What about a cheaper area?  A second job?  I would do ANYTHING to not have to live with my ILs. 

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:

q

This. weird. 

• Options
    imagerobinsokj:

q

This exactly.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • Options

2 words:  nanny  cam.

Get one.  Every little kid needs a teddy bear, right?  And then when she pulls that crap, you have her on tape and can show your husband or whomever else.

• Options
    imageBabyCopper:

Get one.  Every little kid needs a teddy bear, right?  And then when she pulls that crap, you have her on tape and can show your husband or whomever else.

Well...hmm...that's interesting advice.

I have nothing.  This is so strange (both the OP and this response).

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    She's a stupid teenager. Two choices: suck it up or tell her to f off.
  • Options
    imageBabyCopper:

I agree.  Then you guys can go on Springer and throw chairs at each other.  Oh wait, I think they bolt them down now  

• Options

Grow up. Get a job. Get your own place.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I can go to my moms, he wouldn't be able to go with our daughter and I because there is no work there and he works here. He's trying really hard to save up for the down payment on this place we found but I have a feeling it's going to be gone by the time we have the money. We've lived here for over a year and the only reason I'm even here is because of our daughter. Before my MIL knew I was pregnant the plan was I stay for a few weeks to say my goodbyes and then go to my moms. When she found out I was having a baby she said that I could stay because the baby needed a mom. I have NO say about anything here not even about my daughter, not really.
  • Options

imageSquidgetBishop:
    I can go to my moms, he wouldn't be able to go with our daughter and I because there is no work there and he works here. He's trying really hard to save up for the down payment on this place we found but I have a feeling it's going to be gone by the time we have the money. We've lived here for over a year and the only reason I'm even here is because of our daughter. Before my MIL knew I was pregnant the plan was I stay for a few weeks to say my goodbyes and then go to my moms. When she found out I was having a baby she said that I could stay because the baby needed a mom. I have NO say about anything here not even about my daughter, not really.

You need to stand up for yourself.  I don't give a sh*t if it's her house, it's YOUR baby!   

Photobucket

• Options
    I would get a job if I had transportation, since I have no way of getting around and it's 5 miles to anywhere I can't find a job. I'm looking for a at home job but nothing has panned out
  • Options

imageSquidgetBishop:

So, I'm still confused.  You were going to leave to go to your moms, without your husband, but didn't b/c MIL said no?

If you don't want to be with your husband, then don't.  There you go.

• Options
    I want to be with him, but he can't find another job anywhere else we've looked. I didn't want to leave him to go to my moms and she was making me, and then she found out about the baby and told me I couldn't leave and then wouldn't pay for my bus ticket. I still don't want to leave him, but I can't stay here and be treated this way. He sticks up for me all the time but he can't be there all the time because of work. when I stick up for myself the lies start and things get messy and it's much better to just say nothing.
  • Options

imageSquidgetBishop:
    I would get a job if I had transportation, since I have no way of getting around and it's 5 miles to anywhere I can't find a job. I'm looking for a at home job but nothing has panned out

I hate to tell you, but legit at home jobs dont exist. Why cant you take a bus to a job? Have your SO drive you on his way to work? Anything besides sitting around at your ILs and not being able to move.

If you're going nowhere in life living there, then you need to move.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Holy crap - is this you and the dad?!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageSquidgetBishop:

YGPM

• Options
    How old are you that you'll let a 16 year old talk to you and treat you like that? I'm sorry if that's mean, but it's YOUR child, grow a pair.
  • Options

Is this MUD?  I mean...16 posts, 3 of them have been a little non-sensical.  I'm just sayin'.

If not, then buy yourself a clue. Living in a living room at MIL's gives you only rights to yourself and your baby.  So, better to politely exert them and move out ASAP than to complain about a measly 16 yr old on the bump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    UM, how old are you? Just asking...
  • Options
    He works nights, as simple as that. I've already tried everything that I can to try to make things better for me and my family, but I'm so limited it's sad. If he didn't borrow the car he uses to get to work I would use it during the day, I don't even have a drivers license because I can't see all that well and I can't afford glasses right now. I do have an appointment to have them checked for free for next week.
  • Options

imagemm&m2010:

I bet eleventy billion dollars 20 or under. 

Photobucket

• Options
    Ummm...I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're an adult and can tell his sister to shove it. It would be a cold day in hell before someone that blatently disrespected me and told lies about me would take my child away from me, especially if I was playing or holding them. And why are you so worried about what your MIL thinks? If she kicks you out, then go to your moms, which sounds like what you want to do anyway. I know it's not your house, but everyone should be able to respect your privacy and rules about YOUR child!
  • Options
    I didn't post this to get people to tell me to "grow a pair" I posted this to vent and to see if anyone could show me another way to keep my family together. I've tried to grow a pair and it almost got me thrown out and my baby taken from me.
  • Options
    and to answer about my age I'm 22.
  • Options
    imageDreamsicle23:

imagemm&m2010:

I bet eleventy billion dollars 20 or under. 

I see your eleventy billion, and raise you a gazillion
  • Options

imageSquidgetBishop:
    I didn't post this to get people to tell me to "grow a pair" I posted this to vent and to see if anyone could show me another way to keep my family together. I've tried to grow a pair and it almost got me thrown out and my baby taken from me.

i pmed you with some ideas. you can get your pms by scrolling down on the side where you find the boards  at the bottom almost, you will see MY BOARDS and under that it says check private messages.

• Options

imageSquidgetBishop:

She can't take your baby from you.  

And no one can help you because you don't seem willing to help yourself.  Every sentence is "I can't..." 

Photobucket

• Options
    imageames17:

Grow up. Get a job. Get your own place.  

This.  Stop making excuses and remove yourself from this situation.

• Options
    imageKC_13:

imageSquidgetBishop:

I hate to tell you, but legit at home jobs dont exist. Why cant you take a bus to a job? Have your SO drive you on his way to work? Anything besides sitting around at your ILs and not being able to move.

If you're going nowhere in life living there, then you need to move.

This. Well said. I could not agree more!

• Options

Are you receiving any government assistance for you and your child?  If not, look into getting any kind of assistance you can to help you and your husband move out of your MIL's house. Also, don't let your MIL or SIL dictate how you care for your baby.  They have no rights to keep you from your child or from raising your child no matter how much they may threaten you about taking your child away. 

Grow a Pair, may seem harsh, but you need to start standing up for yourself and your child.  Stop thinking of yourself as a helpless pathetic creature and search for help and options for help in the community.  You owe this to yourself and your baby.  You can't sit back and wait for help to be delivered.  

Good Luck.   

• Options

Medicaid will pay for you to get corrective lenses. 

If she is taking your baby away from you while you are in the same room that is an issue. You need to tell her no and take your child back. You can't say you are an adult and trying to be a mother and not tell a 16 year old to give you back your damn baby.

You need to go to your mom's at the very least. You should apply for state aid and then get on your own feet and take care of your child. The situation you are in now is not healthy for a child to grow up in and that should take precedent over whether you and your husband are living together. 

If you are already married, why is she dictating who is invited to your ceremony, didn't it already happen? 

• Options
    you need to stand up for yourself and tell her to leave you and your DC alone. you need to show her that you are not going to be putting up with her bratty as$. don't be afraid of that they will think of you anymore. you are trying to do the best you can and taking care of your DC. so you need to let them know that you are not going to deal with it.
  • Options
    Also, I hope you that are on birth control or taking steps to delay having a second child.  I'm not trying to be mean but you really have to get financially stable and independent before having anymore children.  A second child right now will only make moving out that much more difficult.  
  • Options
    we had a court wedding, we're saving for a real wedding after we get on our own feet. if all goes well it's going to be a 5th anniversary ceremony 
  • Options
    Where is all the money going that your husband earns that you are unable to move out?  You don't have a mortgage or rent payment and you're not paying for a car or car insurance. I know that is not everything, but it's a LOT. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

Wow. I can really identify with your story - except for the annoying SIL thing. We lived with my ILs right after my DD was born. We lost our jobs and had to move back. Boy, it sucked! And it was really hard, I'll tell you that much! What you need to do is to find ways to get out of the house. If you have a stroller, you can walk down the street, spend the mornings at a coffee shop, whatever needs to be done. Have your friend come and pick you up to spend a few days a week at her place. Get involved with church and get out to help them every once in a while. I went on a LOT of walks when my DD was little. (We moved in when she was 7 months old and stayed for over a year before returning to school.) Have you considered attending university classes? Most public universities have child care and you can get out of the house a few days a week and help to get your family on their feet. Look into childcare jobs where you can bring your LO to work with you. Look into jobs that have childcare facilities within them. I know what it's like. You don't have a lot of choices and you want to depend on them as little as possible.

Hang in there. Time will pass. Hold your breath. If at all possible, go and spend a few weeks with your mom. You honestly don't have to listen to this teenage little girl and stay! 

Make a list of ways to get away each day and exercise them. I hope it works out for you. Splitting with your DH is not the answer.

ETA: Sometimes state services will pay for childcare if your income is below whatever limit they set.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I can relate to the being stuck in a lousy living situation with the in-Laws -- (yes, Bumpies, it's possible to be stuck living somewhere you don't want to be because you can't afford to move out) -- but as for the teenager, you're going to have to put her in her place somehow. Yes, it may be "her" house, but YOU'RE the grown-up, YOU'RE the parent. As long as you're a good Mom, there's NOBODY who can take your baby away for standing up to yourself or her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know you're venting, and I don't believe this is made-up drama. 

OK, breathe. 

First, other ways to save money: can you be on WIC or Link or whatever as a way to save money from groceries toward your payment, as it sounds like $ is an issue for you?  What about a studio / 1BR apartment which (depending on your area) may have a low-ish rent?

Second, some ways to make $: surveys.  I don't get rich doing it, but I do get some spending cash.  I do or have done them with Opinion Outpost, Synovate, Ipsos I Say, My Survey, and Pinecone.  All are for points (except Pinecone which does 3$ per survey) that you can cash in for 10, 20, etc. $ checks / Paypals.  I have also done product testing for these things, so I've gotten shampoo, butter, room fresheners, and a bunch of other cool stuff.  Here are a couple links.  Google the rest of them.  You won't get rich, but you can stash some  more cash.

https://pinecone.logicalmedia.com/?affid=CD4944

https://www.globalopinionpanels.com/landing?sourceid=1135&lang=en_US&cid=137

https://www.campusfundraiser.com/grouphome/wsregistration.asp?e=115801&es=1273811&m=371091&ms=4082001&r=371091&rs=4082001

I do recommend telling the teenage sister (if she's a teenager) to *** off.  I have no diplomatic solutions for that one.  I would openly tell her it's your child and her own flesh and blood niece and to shut the everlovingfuck right *** up.  Use your cell phone to record an argument, maybe?  Also assure whichever member(s) of the family have said they will take your child that that is simply an absurd threat.  Unless you're a heavy drug user and a child beater-- and probably even if you are, lol-- no court is going to make that happen.

My advice regarding your boyfriend (husband?) is to stay on the same side.  He wants out too.  It doesn't sound like he's being a big lazyass or anything, so I'm sure he wants out, too, and is therefore on your side.  He may need to man up when it comes to the sister, but just always stay on the same side.

Good luck to you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would tell my husband I'm leaving and that he can come with me and continue looking for another job or stay until you guys have money for another place to live. I would tell my MIL that my child is coming with me no matter what she says, and I would tell my SIL to back the F up before I put the hurt on her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"