Washington Babies
Options

Orthopedic surgeon recs?

So my dr sent me to physical therapy for a shoulder that they think I have tendonitis in but physical therapy is making it much worse and my therapist suspects I may have a partial tear and wants me to see a surgeon but all their recs are in seattle and I would really like to see someone on the eastside.  Anyone have any suggestions?
imageimage Brothers! image

Re: Orthopedic surgeon recs?

• Options
    Dr. Mandt at Overlake hospital is great! He is really easy to talk to and did a great job working on my knee and ankle.
  • Options
    Have you had it imaged yet? Like an MRI or anything? I have chronic neck/shoudler pain and it is awful to live with. Hope you find a good one.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good suggestion Tracey!  Maybe I can get my general physician to issue a MRI so that I don't have to wait forever to get in with an ortho!  Gosh I hopt there is no tear what the heck will I do with a baby and surgery??
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    I used a great ortho this summer for my knee surgery.. but I would do a MRI first just to see what the next step is.  Your general phys should put in a order for one, or give you a rec for ortho.
  • Options

*coming out from baby lurking*

I went to Dr. Badger at OrthoWashington, in Kirkland across from Evergreen Hospital.  He was excellent, and has an MRI/X-ray on site.  He ordered all the tests before my appointment and they were done quickly, so he knew what he was looking at during the initial consult. 

I ended up doing months of physical therapy also, only to find surgery was necessary.  He did arthroscopic surgery on my elbow and I am so pleased with how it turned out. 

He was recommended by several friends and coworkers, and I'd recommend him as well.  Good luck!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just wanted to say, that I too was diagnosed with tendonitis in my shoulder/rotator cuff, did PT and it continued to bother me for the next year.  I finally saw a new doc, got the MRI, turns out I do have a tear in my rotator cuff, found a new PT (recommended by my Ortho) did PT 2x/wk for 3 months and am doing great, no curgery at all!  Just because there is a tear doesn't mean you automatically need surgery, there are other options to try before you get to that. 

That being said, both my ortho and PT are in downtown Seattle.  Goodluck!

:::returning to my lurking status:::

• Options

Dr Mark Silver at Bellevue Bone and Joint fixed my ankle when I broke it. I really liked him.

Bellevue Bone and Joint

1632 116th Ave NE Suite C

Bellevue just north of Overlake Hosp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"