Special Needs

Feeding Aversion

I've posted on here about this before.  And after hours of frustration and trying to get him to eat, I think it's definitely a feeding aversion. Which at least means he hasn't regressed nuerologically.

I tried almost every toy we own to distract him, doesn't work.  Until apparently I foudn THE magic one.  The "Good Night Scout" Book.  It reads when you turn the pages.  He ate an entire container of yogurt while I "read" the book with him.

As soon as the book stops reading he refuses to open his mouth. 

I think between him being sick so much and his daily two to sometimes three doses of medication he just associates everything coming to his mouth as medicine. 

So now...any tips for breaking the association?  or just pick my battles and keep playing the Scout book?

I'm just so relieved he'll finally eat something.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Feeding Aversion

• How old is your DS?

There are feeding therapies, and there are several ways to increase their menu, but looks like you have found a great way that is working!

Can you give more info on your LO?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"