June 2011 Moms
Options

What do you parents want to be called by LO?

I'm curious what the grandparents names will be...

For me

my ILs will be grandma and gramdpa 

my mum will be nana but my dad is undecided...I want something different than grandpa...like grampy or poppy...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you parents want to be called by LO?

• Options

When my 19 year old niece was born, my parents would not official be called anything until she could talk - she got to pick their names - Mamaw and Papaw.

My husband's parents will be Grandma and Grandpa which is what their other grandkids call them.

• Options

DS has lots of grandparents:

My dad and stepmom-Papaw and Mamaw

My mom-Grandma Donna

MIL- Nana

FIL and step-MIL- Nothing, he's never met them (not by our choosing)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my parents-nana and papa

il's-nana kathy and pa 

• Options
    MIL: Nona, FIL: Pappy, My Mom: Marme (don't ask!!!)...... The grandmothers- to-be both have the same first name so I wanted them both to be called something other than grandma. My MIL wanted to be called Nanna but I talked her into Nona which is Italian for grandmother. My Mom said she likes Marme...I have no idea where she came up with that but I think we will let LO decide when he starts talking.
  • Options

MIL is Grammy (she already has once grandchild so this was predecided!)

My parents are Gramma and grandpa, I think!  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My wants to be called Mammie and her husband will be Grandpa Rick Dog. My dad will be Grandpa Wayne.  My husbands parents are still undecided. Everytime we ask his dad what he wants to be called he makes up some crazy thing like Thor or Paul the Magnificent. His mom wants something unique but isn't sure what yet.
  • Options
    We're very basic.  Both sets of grandparents will be called Grandma & Grandpa. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My parents will be Grammy (Mom chose that) and Grandpa (My dad didn't care, so we went traditional). His parents will be Ba Noi and Ong Noi (I think), which is how you say Grandma and Grandpa in Vietnamese.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

ILs: Mom Mom & Pop

My Parents: Mimi & Pop Pop

My oldest is the first grandchild on both sides and she picked their names.

My DDs also call my SILs parents MeMom and Poppy because that is what their cousin calls them & we see them a lot (they are good friends w/my parents).

• Options

imageBrian and Amanda:
    My wants to be called Mammie and her husband will be Grandpa Rick Dog. My dad will be Grandpa Wayne.  My husbands parents are still undecided. Everytime we ask his dad what he wants to be called he makes up some crazy thing like Thor or Paul the Magnificent. His mom wants something unique but isn't sure what yet.

I love Grandpa Rick Dog!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

MIL wants to be grandma - not sure about FIL - i think he wants to be pop. My mum and dad aren't fussed, i used to call my grandpa "gramps" so i think that'll follow through to dad, but my mum can't decide if she wants to stay with tradition and be called "oma" (german for nan) or just nanny kay......

i'm sure whatever comes naturally once baby is born will stick.

• Options
    My parents will be mama/grandma and papa/grandpa. My ILs will be nanny and pop-pop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
  • Options
    imageskidunks:

imageBrian and Amanda:

I love Grandpa Rick Dog!

I call him Rick Dog so it just kind of fits.

• Options

My Mom is Nana and my Dad is G-Jo, short for Grandpa Joseph (which was what my Dad jokingly said he wanted to be called!).

My In-laws and Mom-Mom and Pop. 

• Options

My Mom and Stepdad will be M?m? and P?p? - which are french for grandma/grandpa.

My Dad and Stepmom I'm not sure yet...maybe Grandma and Grandpa or maybe Pop-Pop for my Dad.

My ILs I'm not positive either. FIL will be Grandpa I'm sure...MIL said she wanted to be something similar to M?m? I think...so that may be what she'll be. That or Nana most likely.

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    For my parents it will be nana and papa.  I don't care what the LO calls the IL's as long is it isn't nana/papa.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We have a bunch of them too, but I'm glad everyone picked different ones:

my mom - grandma, my grandma - Gigi, DH's mom - Mimi, DH's grandma - Grammy, my dad hasn't decided yet but wants to be something other than grandpa, my grandfather (Dziadziu...its polish) will turn into Dziadziu Sr like his dad did for me. I would like that name for my dad to continue the tradition but he's not that into it :( so we'll see...

Munchies First Beach DayLogan ~ 2 months old Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary imageimageimage
  • Options

My mother is called Mama Sanaa (Her name is Sanaa), my dad passed away 7 years ago, but when we tell DS about him he will most likely be called Giddo (Which is Arabic for grandpa)

My MIL is Yaya, which is Thai for grandma, and FIL is Grandpa because the Thai word for grandpa is Poopoo which does not sound nice at all.  

• Options

Both sets of parents have grandkids already.  MIL is Nana FIL is Grandpa

My mom is also Nana but she said she would be Nana K (her first name is Karen) and my dad is Pa.  My oldest niece gave him Pa as he wanted to be Grandpa but she shortened it when she little to Pa.

• Options

My parents - Lana and Pops

IL's - Grammie and Papa Charlie

• Options
    My mom will be Namma and my dad will be Hampa because that is what my niece calls them and that is what they go by at home now.
    Loving life with two boys who are 10 months apart and can't wait for team green baby to join us and thinking daily about our angel who was with us for a very short time. (CP at 4 weeks and 5 days) Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

My mom/dad -- Nana/Popaw

My Nana/Papaw -- Granana/Great Papaw

FIL/SMIL -- Grumpy/Gran

They also have a Meemaw/Papaw Randy

imageimage
  • Options
    It has never been discussed...but would assume it will end up being grandma for both of them.  I recall when my nephew was young, he would call my mom his purple grandma (she is obsessed with that color), but I think it will come down to what the little one comes up with once he or she is able to vocalize it.
  • Options

imageBrian and Amanda:

BAHAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious!

• Options

I say Grandma and Grandpa and when we aren't with them we use G&G last name to distinguish. That's what we did growing up. Our neighbor is Grandma Sue.

MIL signs all cards (so 2 a year) Mama Jean and Papa Roger.  I don't think so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"