North Carolina Babies

Good Cupcake Recipe

Does anyone have a good tried / true recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes?  How about for Vanilla Cupcakes.  I'm making some for Ella' party on Saturday and I have a few recipes I'm looking at, but of couse want something that's been made before....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good Cupcake Recipe

• I've had the best luck with the box cake mixes then decorate the tops to go with the theme. I tried homemade once and felt like I wasted so much money on the ingredients. The box was much easier and way less expensive! The Wilton icing tints work well to color vanilla/white icing to just about any color you want. Don't use food coloring since it tends make the icing too runny. What sort of theme or colors are you using for her party?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For chocolate cupcakes, I use a Devils Food cake mix and following the instructions for the oil and water, but I add an additional egg than the directions. Plus I add chocolate chips and a packet of Devils Food pudding. I always get rave reviews!
  • Loading the player...
  • I never thought to use box cake mixes - genius!  We're doing Sesame Street themed cupcakes so I was going do some that are yellow and some that are white sprinkled with Pink / Purple colored sugar for fairy dust.  I had thought about doing red frosting, but red frosting with kids = mess!  I have the Witon icing tints so I think I'm good there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecate1119:
    I never thought to use box cake mixes - genius! 

Have you seriously been making them from scratch?  Impressive! Big Smile

I went through a stint in my early 20s where I would make and eat a batch of (box mix) lemon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting each week!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecate1119:

I never thought to use box cake mixes - genius!  We're doing Sesame Street themed cupcakes so I was going do some that are yellow and some that are white sprinkled with Pink / Purple colored sugar for fairy dust.  I had thought about doing red frosting, but red frosting with kids = mess!  I have the Witon icing tints so I think I'm good there. 

You are too funny! If you want to add more color w/o mess you can do strawberry cupcakes. The box mixes are so yummy and turn out great! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageJuberP:

imagecate1119:
    I never thought to use box cake mixes - genius! 

Have you seriously been making them from scratch?  Impressive! Big Smile

I went through a stint in my early 20s where I would make and eat a batch of (box mix) lemon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting each week!

I've always made them from scratch - I love baking.  Granted I make cupcakes / cakes only twice a year - I'm more into making cookies / brownies. 

• imageLalabee0425:
    imagecate1119:

I never thought to use box cake mixes - genius!  We're doing Sesame Street themed cupcakes so I was going do some that are yellow and some that are white sprinkled with Pink / Purple colored sugar for fairy dust.  I had thought about doing red frosting, but red frosting with kids = mess!  I have the Witon icing tints so I think I'm good there. 

You are too funny! If you want to add more color w/o mess you can do strawberry cupcakes. The box mixes are so yummy and turn out great! 

Strawberry cupcakes with the purple fairy dust - that would be too cute.  I see another trip the HT in my near future. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"