Two Under 2
Options

Vacation ideas / experience

We're considering a vacation before my mat leave ends and the kids would be 27 mos and 4 mos when we went. We live in CT and were thinking FL would be the furthest we'd go (most likely for 5 nights). We plan to bring both of our moms to help with the kids. Anyone know of a resort in FL that would offer amenities and lodging to accomodate all of us? (not tied to FL, so if there are other warm locales that would be appropriate for our group and within similar flying distance, that'd be fine).

Also, anyone have any travel tips? This would be our first time travelling with kids!

TIA!!

Re: Vacation ideas / experience

• Options

Would you be flying or driving? And what are you looking for theme parks? beach? just relaxation.

We drove the girls up to Lake Chautauqua in NY and it was nice to just be able to sit by the lake and relax and watch them run/roll around.

We are contemplating a car trip (11 hours) to Myrtle Beach this summer because we have family there.

We have also flown to Florida to see family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

depends on when you are coming to florida....IT is going to start getting really hot here in May-October.  I would not come down here then I would probably go to the carolina's. 

If you are coming soon then Florida is a really big place.  Do you want to go the the eastcoast, west coast, the panhandle?

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ladies, thanks for responding! We are looking to fly because we have a lot of airline miles to use up, so we figured FL would be a good spot (far enough away, but close enough). As far as timing, we would be looking at mid-May (so yes, probably a bit hot in FL by then). We aren't sure about attractions, theme parks, etc - we could probably give or take 'em....at our kids' ages, they won't know anyway, so as long as there is a kiddie pool and some activities for them (well, really for my 2 yr old), then we would be good with it. I think one of the biggest challenges is finding the right accomodations since we're taking both our mothers and the kids. Not sure what type of room / suite would work best. In short, I'm pretty lost on this one!! This is the first time planning a trip since we had kids!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"