D.C. Area Babies
Options

BM/Formula Intake at 1 year

I know I can switch over to whole milk around the 1 year mark but I'm a little concerned that I shouldn't just yet.  Currently DS is on BM and being supplemented w/ formula.  He, on most occassions will take an 8 ounce bottle and go back to bed in the morning after dropping him off at daycare.  He then wakes up for breakfast, has his cereal which uses about 4-5 ounces of formula.  He eats lunch before naptime, where he takes sips of water from a sippy cup.  My aunt then offers a bottle right before naptime and he generally only drinks an ounce before he's done and doesn't want anymore.  Before bed he's offered the bottle again and he usually only drinks 2-3 ounces.  At his 9 month pedi appt, the pedi wasn't concerned that he was only taking in 24 ounces.  Now at 12 months its down to about 16 oz.  I have no idea if this is normal.  He seems satisfied and has plenty of wet/poopy diapers.  I'm just concerned he's not getting the vitamins/minerals he needs and that I should continue with the formula for a little longer.  Any insights? please share.

Theresa

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BM/Formula Intake at 1 year

• Options
    I assume his food intake has gone up as his formula/BM intake has gone down, right?  Everything I've read and the pediatrician has said is that the progression you're describing is 100% normal.
  • Options
    no input to your question, but HOW IN THE WORLD IS HE ALMOST a YEAR OLD!?!?!?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, 16-20 ounces of BM / formula / milk is very normal for a one-year-old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, 16-20 ounces of BM / formula / milk is very normal for a one-year-old. If you're offering a variety of foods, switching to whole milk should be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

at our 9mo visit, the pedi said a 9mo old should be taking in 18-21oz of BM.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"