Illinois Babies
Options

midwest babymoons

My husband and I are starting to plan for our babymoon. We usually take a 2 week camping/road trip during the summer, but that's out due to saving pto for maternity leave and me obviously not wanting to be in a sleeping bag at 6 months pregnant!

We're looking for some good suggestions that won't require too long of a drive (maybe 5 or so hours from Chicago). We'll be able to do 4-5 days, but might do 3-4 if that makes more sense for the location.

We love being out doors and out of the city, antique shops, and nature. I'm thinking about a cabin or something as we'd love to bring our dog, but we're open.

Any suggestions???? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: midwest babymoons

• Options
    How about Saugatuck, MI? I know there are lots of B&B's in that area with lots to do outdoors. 
  • Options
    oooh i echo Saugatuck. even closer and my new fave is New Buffalo, MI.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are hoping to do Mackinac Island, MI.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    great suggestions! I'll check them out. Thanks!
  • Options

Door County? Alpine resort in Egg Harbor is affordable. Peninsula Park is great for hiking. There are cherry orchards, fish boils, a handful of cute towns all in a row with shopping and restaurants and b&bs. You can do Washington island for a day trip (take a ferryboat to an island off the peninsula). We brought our family dog to a cabin last year. We love Peninsula players, and outdoor theater company on the lake (go early to catch the sunset!)

Saugatuck is great too. 

• Options

The Inn at Irish Hollow in Galena fits your description perfectly.  We spent a few days there, and it was so relaxing.  Beautiful outdoor views, trails, etc.  Private cottages, great downtown shopping with lots of cute antique stores, and a town rich with history (lots of great tours).

The best part is the food - breakfast every day is so delicious.  Just check it out and read the reviews on Trip Advisor.  We're considering going back for our babymoon! 

Enjoy your trip, whatever you decide!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"