Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Looking for a new OB/GYN or CNM in Denton!

I currently see an OB/GYN in Lewisville, but I know that once I'm pregnant and L&D roll around, I don't want to risk having to drive down 35 due to potential traffic, etc., so I'm looking for a new doc or midwife.  OB/GYNs who are pro-natural birth a plus! :)  FWIW, I would love to go to Inanna for my care, but Jean Sala isn't in my insurance network.

Re: Looking for a new OB/GYN or CNM in Denton!

• Options
    I see Dr. Olga Cortez.  She used to be associated with MCNT and her office was just behind Denton Presby.  She now has her own practice in the Crossroads area.  I believe she is worth a little bit of a drive.  I think that she is just wonderful.  When I was pregnant with DS/in the hospital after his birth I did see a few of Dr. Cortez's former partners as well and would feel just as comfortable with them...Dr/ Dooley and Dr. Walsh.  A friend of mine, who has had 2 very complicated pregnancies also raves about Dr. Cummings (in the same office as Walsh).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a friend who goes to Dr. Cummings, but he's not taking new patients anymore (she thinks he's working on retiring).  Another friend goes to that same practice, so I'll probably check it out!  Thanks for the suggestions. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm using Dr Cummings as well.  He is amazing.  But he is only taking new patients if they are VBAC patients from what I understand.
    Michelle BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to Caring for Women and really liked them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Lewisville, and I drive to Denton because I love my OB/GYN so much. I'd drive an hour if I had to. He supports natural birth. He delivers at Presby. His name is Dr. Daniel McDonald :) Good luck

• Options
    Christina Dooly delivered my daughter and Heather Walsh was my primary doctor. Both are AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    I second Caring For Women.  They are great.  I see Caren Reaves and love her.  They have OBGYNs and CNMs.  Both my children were delivered by the CNMs there even though I saw Dr Reaves for all my apts.  They were voted best in Denton last year.
  • Options
    I go to Caring For Women and really like them! I am seeing Kathy Ellis! She has delivered quite a few of my friends babies and they loved her as well!
    Haley and Mark ? image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"