Colorado Babies
Options

Just found out I'm pregnant yesterday - overwhelmed!

Hi there,

After trying for about 7 months, I just discovered I'm pregnant yesterday! While I'm pretty excited, I'm also seriously overwhelmed. I don't have a doctor in my new neighborhood (Broomfield) and don't have a clue where to start in terms of pre-natal care. I'd like something in between the traditional hospital birth (I don't want a c-section unless it's an emergency situation; I'm unsure about an epideral) and a do-it-yourself midwife experience.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something in between? Know anything about the Avista birthing center in Louisville? Any doctor recs?

Thanks in advance for your help! After googling and becoming even more confused, I decided to find girls experienced with this kind of thing!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Just found out I'm pregnant yesterday - overwhelmed!

• Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy!! I live in Fort Collins and delivered my son up here but next time I will use Mountain Midwifery in Englewood. It's the best, and only as far as I know, birth center in CO. Check out their website. I'm training to become a Brio Birth instructor. Good luck!
  • Options

Congrats on your pregnancy! That's very exciting!

I used to live in Broomfield and went to Avista. I used to see Dr. Loralie Mueller (maybe Moeller) and she was wonderful!

I don't know if she is still there, but just thought I'd through it out there! 

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Congrats! I'm hoping to go to Mountain Midwifery Center, which is in Englewood, also. My husband and I went down last week (literally 2 days after we found out, because we couldn't make any of the next several info orientations), and loved it. Everything awesome about a midwife, but not in your own home... water births included if you want, AND they're right next to Swedish if anything goes wrong. Bit of a drive from Broomfield - but probably okay so long as you don't have to get there during rush hour :)

Other than that, I know not much - but good luck! I'm totally with you on not wanting a traditional hospital birth.

imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hey Ally! We met years ago at a knot gtg at the Rio! My name's amanda and my old sign in was mtngirl2007, and I'm trying to figure out how to get it back!

I'm pregnant, too! 9 weeks now. I would highly recommend all the ladies on here get over to the colorado nest board. it's so much more active and helpful!

As for where to go, I'm in Erie and work in Boulder, so I am going to the boulder nurse midwives group. They deliver at the boulder community hospital and are associated with the Boulder women's care OB/GYN group, so if anything goes wrong, you're covered. Hope to see you over on the nest!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"