Trouble TTC
Options

Moving on to IUI

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Moving on to IUI

• Options
    I am not sure the average, our RE will do 3 and then move onto IVF.  Good Luck on Tuesday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good luck with your cycle, it sounds like you have a great plan!

I think that your success rates depend on # of motile sperm and follicles at time of trigger. We've done three clomid IUIs with less than 10 million sperm and they were all BFN's. My RE will only do 3 IUIs of the same protocol before moving on. We'll be trying injects next. If 3 don't work, we'll do IVF. 

I hope that you're successful the first time and you don't have to worry about it!!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Statistically speaking, most people who are going to have success with IUI will get pregnant within the first 3 cycles. A lot of RE's will suggest moving on once 3 treatments cycles have been reached. This might depend on what course of treatment you're doing and if the protocol is going to be changed, though. For instance, if you did 2 IUIs with Clomid and one with injects, all BFNs, you might want to try another one or two with injects before moving on to IVF, YKWIM?

It may differ between clinics and protocols, but my RE told me that she generally sees about a 75-80% success rate within the first 3 IUI cycles, and then about another 5-10% will get pregnant if they continue on to 6 IUI cycles. After that, it's on to IVF (that's what the RE suggests, anyway).

Good luck :)

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options

H! I remember you from TTGP. I'm starting 50 mcg Clomid + IUI in two cycles. We're on hold for two cycles - I need to have surgery to fix a septate uterus. I had the same questions about IUI. Statistics seem to say only a 10% chance and I agree that it takes most people a few tries. I just need to remember to tell myself that if it doesn't work the first time or two. RE said 8-10% chance per cycle with Clomid and 16-18% per cycle w/ injects. Basically, aftee three months of clomid and IUIs, about a third of his patients are pregnant.

My RE suggests 3 IUIs w/ Clomid and then 3 w/ injects. If that does not work, you go to IVF. We might not do injects, however, because RE said it increases chances of triplets and he recommends selective reduction for trips (which we would not do). Hope we don't make it that far to have to make that decision. I'm hopeful we'll succeed on clomid once I get my ute fixed.... 

Are you doing Clomid or injects? Keep us posted and GL.

• Options
    imagetosh24:

Statistically speaking, most people who are going to have success with IUI will get pregnant within the first 3 cycles. A lot of RE's will suggest moving on once 3 treatments cycles have been reached. This might depend on what course of treatment you're doing and if the protocol is going to be changed, though. For instance, if you did 2 IUIs with Clomid and one with injects, all BFNs, you might want to try another one or two with injects before moving on to IVF, YKWIM?

It may differ between clinics and protocols, but my RE told me that she generally sees about a 75-80% success rate within the first 3 IUI cycles, and then about another 5-10% will get pregnant if they continue on to 6 IUI cycles. After that, it's on to IVF (that's what the RE suggests, anyway).

Good luck :)

These are about the same statistics my RE gave.  Most people have success within 3, and  I hope you're one of them.  Good luck!

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Options

My RE gave me the "90% of women get PG within 4 IUI's" but I think that was with various forms of hyperstim; be it clomid, gonal f, injects, etc. whatever.  But that is how many max he will do with us.  I litteraly just started AF about an hour ago so WOOHOO cycle 24 I get to FINALLY do first IUI this cycle!  Good luck to us both that it only take one!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    Our RE said that Femara/Clomid plus IUI is about a 10% chance of conceiving. If you do injectible meds plus IUI the chances jump to 20-25%.
  • Options

imagekeelmic:
    Our RE said that Femara/Clomid plus IUI is about a 10% chance of conceiving. If you do injectible meds plus IUI the chances jump to 20-25%.

Again, this totally depends on sperm #'s. For our clomid cycles my RE wasn't comfortable giving us more than a 3-5% chance. I think each IUI is pretty case dependent....

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    I have heard that if you are going to get pregnant it will most likely be in the first three IUIs.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"