Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

15 month old poops 2x a day?

My son is almost 15 months old and on the thin side. I will be asking our doctor about it when we go next week but wondered if it was abnormal that he poops twice a day. Does anyone else have a little one that poops so often? I wonder if there is something going on that he is pooping so much and so thin.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 15 month old poops 2x a day?

• Options
    my 16 month old poops 2-3x a day...and he is also on the small side. He only weighs 20 lbs 3 oz. The Dr isn't concerned because DH & I are small and I was always under the curve for height and weight growing up (she was also my pedi). He eats great and drinks enough milk so I'm not concerned. But definitely talk to your Dr if you don't feel right about it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD is also 15m and poops 2x/day on average.

She's small, but a preemie. Pedi asked if she has "normal" bowel movements and I said yes because that is normal for her. Diet is a big factor. LO still gets some breastmilk, along with juice, cow's milk and a variety of foods.

The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are still breastfeeding also.

Gross question but thanks for responding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My 20 month old DD poops 3-4 times a day.  She is bigger than average.  At her 18 month appt she was 33 inches and 27 pounds.  Our pedi said it may be because she is still breastfeeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hannah's on the large side and is usually and once a day pooper.  This past weekend she pooped 4X each day (little rabbit turds to describe it).  When she drinks a lot of milk and doesn't eat much she usually does this.
  • Options
    My DS is 14m and poops twice a day still. He has for the longest time. My pedi asked about it at his 12m checkup and I told her that and she did not show any concern. He is not BF and is average weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS is 16 months and is big (95% for height, 70% for weight).  He poops 2x a day and is on table foods and whole milk.

• Options

Our kiddo poops 2 times a day on average. Is this your son's norm or has it changed recently? Does it smell funny? Is it runny or formed? Is he gassy/having pain? I would mention any of the above to the Dr when you go see him. Obviously your doctor would be the one to ask but to me it seems completely normal.

• Options

Kayla's top is 5X, and i'm not talking about when she is sick.  She's got a monster appetite and a killer metabolism.  I'm jealous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a peanut and she poops 3-4 times a day!
  • Options
    DS is 95 percentile and he normally poops twice a day.
    DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Options
    Mine poops 2 - 3x a day, but the poop is normal.  As long as the poop is normal looking/smelling then it's completely fine.  My baby is on the small side, too.  But she still has this huge baby gut ... it's probably full of poop!
  • Options
    I WISH ds only pooped twice a day!
  • Options
    I wish DD only pooped 2x a day.  She usually goes closer to 4 or 5 times a day. She has always gone a lot though.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son usually poops 2 times per day.  I don't consider that a lot.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    imagekhagan9368:

Kayla's top is 5X, and i'm not talking about when she is sick.  She's got a monster appetite and a killer metabolism.  I'm jealous!

My son is the same way.  I have only ever worried when he has been ill and refused food, but generally he eats plenty at every meal plus snacks and his milk, and he just goes often.  His pedi was not concerned at all-- my son is middle of the road for weight and above average for height.

• Options
    imagekhagan9368:

My son is the same way.  I have only ever worried when he has been ill and refused food, but generally he eats plenty at every meal plus snacks and his milk, and he just goes often.  His pedi was not concerned at all-- my son is middle of the road for weight and above average for height.

• Options
    DS poops 1 to 3 times a day.  That seems normal to me.
  • Options
    I poop 2 times a day, why wouldn't a child?  Seems normal to me.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"