South Florida Babies
Options

SoontobeSavino

Hey girl!  My pump is a Medela and they sell replacement parts at BRU.  You're welcome to it.  I didn't realize you were going to BF this time around.  I'm so sad it didn't work out for me.  Kate was a great nurser and gave me that experience you imagine it will be (normal, natural, painless) - very unlike Noah.  Anyway, if you want to BF I really hope it works for you.  Let me know about the pump and I'll hang onto it.  I just ask if you don't end up using it that you pass it on to someone who can or donate it to a shelter.

Thanks!

Re: SoontobeSavino

• Options
    I'll definitely take it, and for sure if I cannot BF, then I will donate it to a shelter. I'm trying to be more confident that things will work out this time around. For some reason, everyone in my family freaks out when you say youre going to BF. It's odd, because you think it would be the other way around. I keep hearing "you'll never know when the baby is full, just get them on a bottle" blah blah blah. Anyway, I just really want it to work out this time. I know I'm not having anymore kids and really want to enjoy spending as much bonding time that I can with Max while he is small. Thanks again for giving up your pump. Let me know a free weekend that you're up for company, and I will come by to get it, and of course to see the kiddies too!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good for you for trying!  My mom is as pro BF as anyone could be and my sister is as pro bottle as anyone could be.  It was quite a struggle!  You have to do what is right for you and not listen to them, they made it very difficult for me.  I hope you have as good of an experience with Max as I did with Kate.  And you will know when they're full, no worries.  Definitely take all the help and assistance you can get from the lactation consultants at your hospital.

We're always around!  It's more difficult getting out with two so we've been staying very close to home.  Let me know what your schedule is like.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If u need anything just ask I am around the corner...Nicolas is 8 1/2 weeks and not one bottle yet....

I go to the the park near your house all the time...anything help, advice u need let me know...I have the medela PIS also and used for 9 months with mario..I wish you all the best either way you decide....

nicole?

Nicole MOM 2 MARIO & NICOLAS
  • Options

Hey ladies,

Sorry to cut in on your post. But I wanted to mention that all of the literature I've read on nursing says that breast pumps should never be shared because the inner workings of the machine can not be sterilized and therefore there is potential to pass infection from one lady to another. Only hospital grade pumps can be shared. While some people risk it because they know who the original owner is, I wouldn't donate a pump to a shelter because of the potential of many people using the pump and passing around disease.

I really hope nursing is a big success for you. I'm expecting my first in late January and can't wait to start nursing =)

Jackie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"