Military Families
Options

Did any of you deliver at Balboa?

Its looking like thats likely where I'll be going to my prenatal appointments and delivering.  Just curious if others had any recommendations or have had past experiences there.

TIA!

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
~All AL'ers welcome~

Re: Did any of you deliver at Balboa?

• Options
    Are you looking for recommendations for other places to deliver? If so I have Standard and delivered at Scripps La Jolla, loved it. I know two people that delivered at Balboa. They both said it was a good experience. One baby was born early and spent some time in NICU. The mom said they took great care of her. Good luck.
  • Options
    Tricare is denying my primary (also my OB) doing my prenatal care.  Since Balboa is pretty nearby and has the NICU and such, I'd just assume do my care there.  I just was wondering if others had experiences with the OB teams there or with delivery.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are delivering at Balboa any day now :) However, we don't use the Ob/gyn at the naval hospital. Instead we use a MW at NTC Point Loma. I don't know much about the OB at Balboa but I highly recommend the MW's at NTC. They are wonderful and we have a great experience so far :) Best of Luck!
  • Options

After getting in to talk to the ladies at Balboa, I guess I'll be doing my prenatal care at Miramar (NTC was another option, but Miramar is closer to where we live) and delivering at Balboa.  I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience with the system though.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    imageJunebug060609:

After getting in to talk to the ladies at Balboa, I guess I'll be doing my prenatal care at Miramar (NTC was another option, but Miramar is closer to where we live) and delivering at Balboa.  I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience with the system though. 

I went to miramar for prenatal care, and delivered at balboa. I thought it was great, although I have only done this once so I can't compare it to anything. My only complaint was that the corpsman who took care of me afterwards were in uniform instead of scrubs and I felt akward asking them for pads, diapers full of ice, telling them about my bleeding etc.. not a big deal, but I just felt like I was asking one of my DH's friends or something lol. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

I loved miramar,  the midwives were awesome and not pushy (they let me go to 42 weeks, most OBs would have induced and I'm pretty sure my DD was much healthier from the extra time in gestation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I delivered at Balboa just last month, and almost 3yrs ago for my 2nd child. :) I had 3 false alarms and I was told to not come in til I was unable to walk. I got refused at 4cm- the point at which you are supposed to be admitted. I went on for another 3 weeks having contractions until the day I delivered. And they had to stick me 4x to get the IV line in, and even then it didn't work.

But, because I got there so late, all they had to do was catch the baby. If they have to do more than that the service gets sketchy.

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"