Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How soon after potty training...

Did you venture out?  We trained DD over the weekend and obviously she's just starting out, but she's doing really well.  She hasn't had an accident yet today, and I think only 1 yesterday. 

I'm scared to leave the house and be further then 2.5 feet from the potty.  It will be ok right?  Just change out the diapers in the diaper bag for a change of clothes??

Re: How soon after potty training...

• Options
    I alway kept 2 pairs of panties and 2 pairs of shorts/pants and socks.  Plus and old pair of shoes in the car just incase.  If I knew we would be gone for awhile and a bathroom wouldnt really be around I put her in a pull up.  But that was the only time we used pull ups.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, it will be okay. Just go for it!

I took DS out after 3 days. I couldn't stand being cooped up any longer. Just have her go right before you leave, and ask her frequently while you're out. And of course take some spare clothes. Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, go for it. DD has only had two accidents since being PT for about 6 months.
  • Options
    We did it a couple days after starting PT. We just had DD go potty before we left the house and made sure we were back home within the hour. As soon as we got home DD was pit on the potty, just to get her used to going before and after leaving the house. We had to get this in DDs mindset since my mom picks up DD on her way home from work and watches her at her house. It's been a week since we started, but DD seems to be fine as long as she goes potty before leaving. I threw a burp cloth in the bottom of her carseat...just in case. We also carry an extra outfit/underwear with us at all times. Oh and I have extra towels in the car if they are needed.
  • Options
    We started potty training on a Wednesday and went furniture shopping on Saturday.  She was in panties and used the potties out and about.  I made sure to pack 2 extra pair of underwear and pants just in case.  She didn't have any accidents and we didn't even have a potty insert at the time.  I was so proud of her.  I would just make sure you pack some wipes in case they would have an accident and you need to clean them up.  I wouldn't worry too much.  Everything on the carseat is always washable and so are clothes. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

for us, we dont stay home much, so i just treated it exactly the same while we were out - i kept saying "remember, just tell mommy if you have to go potty", and she would tell me just like she did at home.  and we'd go to the potty just like we did at home... it was really no different. 

for a while i brought a backpack with her potty ring inside, so she sat on the same thing at home and out, just in case that helped her with consistency.  now she doesnt need anything while out.

• Options
    I never stopped living life when potty training.  Keep a few extra sets of clothes (and not just pants and undies, socks, shoes and even shirts) with you or at least in the car.  I keep one set in my purse and extras in the car and lots of wipes and plastic bags to stick the wet clothes in and go.  I have a travel potty that we keep in the car all the time for times we are places that don't have bathrooms or if we are driving and there is no place with a bathroom close by - I can pull off into a parking lot and get that out in  the van.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"