Health & Exercise
Options

Half marathon disappointment

I entered the lottery for a 1/2 marathon this summer and just found out I didn't get in.

When I first entered I was thinking "Ah crap! What if I get in?!" but now I am very disappointed I didn't. 

Oh well, I guess there's always next year! I think i am going to train like I was running it and maybe find another one to do. 

Thanks for letting me whine. :) 

Re: Half marathon disappointment

• Options

I know how you feel. I entered the lottery for the Nike Women's Half Marathon with my sister and SIL, and the Hood to Coast relay, and didn't get into either. It is definitely disappointing. I'd look for another one sometime next summer and register for that one.

(BTW, were you trying to get into Grandma's?) 

• Options
    imagecarlab44:

I know how you feel. I entered the lottery for the Nike Women's Half Marathon with my sister and SIL, and the Hood to Coast relay, and didn't get into either. It is definitely disappointing. I'd look for another one sometime next summer and register for that one.

(BTW, were you trying to get into Grandma's?) 

Yep! I finally worked up the courage to enter and got denied, lol.

I was worried about the training affecting my milk supply, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. If I go through with the training and it does affect my milk (causing me to stop/cut back on running), at least I don't have to worry about wasting the $75 entry fee.

Like I said though, there is always next year!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry to hear that.  I hate when that happens.  I say, find another one!  There's a ton of halfs in MN.  Good luck!

https://www.halfmarathons.net/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"