Alaska Babies

Shipping to AK

Has anyone else discovered how very annoying it is that we don't have much of a selection of big items in AK? I have been trying to order a specfic glider rocker that is blue and has a white frame and is in my price range I don't want to spend anymore then 300.00 on the glider if I have to have it shipped because of how expensive shipping is but none of the places that have them will ship to AK. Grrr. does anyone have suggestions on where I could go to find better options? I tried Bailey's they don't have any, target only had one that had an espresso frame. I checked online to see if BRU and Sears had any that I want but they are all sold out. Jcpenney didn't even have any in white. I really don't want to have to sand and repaint a glider. I don't have time for that with work and all. Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Shipping to AK

• we did all of our furniture shopping for LO on Amazon. have you checked there? They often have free shipping too
  • Yeah I tried Amazon but they won't ship the glider because it was too big to ship for AK.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • This is one of my biggest erks about living here! Shipping to AK is a pain in ones a$$!  I am sorry but have you checked craigslist, sometimes you can get really lucky on there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In the lower fourty-eight...you can do "website to store" shipping, but for some reason they don't offer it in AK. =( &it's FREE...you just pick it up from the stroe.
  • There is a company (I can't remember their name at the moment) but you can have items shipped to them in Seattle and then they put the items on the barge and bring them up. You maybe able to contact Linden Transport to see if they offer the same kind of options.
  • This issue is killing me right now! We have totally become 100% set on a car seat and crib and have not been able to find them up here. BRU doesn't carry them and the shipping adds 100$ to the crib if we buy it (and we need two as we're having twins, so that is out of the question!!)... Amazon also doesn't ship either to Alaska. It sucks that we're going to have to find others now... they are both highest for safety ratings and get great reviews. :(
    J-- momma to V (06) and E (11) and his twin sister N who we lost too soon Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree, this has been driving me crazy too! The freaking snap and go stroller frame I wanted was $30 to have shipped, and it only costs $55! The furniture we originally wanted from BRU was going to cost more to ship than the actual items. I did learn that anything that BRU carries (or is supposed to carry) in store can be shipped up here for free. For example, if they're supposed to stock an item in a particular finish, but our little BRU doesn't, they'll order it in for you and you pay the local store price (which has some shipping factored in, but not as much).

Scan Home and BRU sell the Dutailer gliders which can be custom ordered in just about any color combination you want. Not sure if that helps...

• THank you all for the suggestions. They are really helpful. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"