Secondary IF
Options

Intro

Hi, Ladies. I am finally going to introduce myself. I have been a little nervous about it, but I am hoping you'll have me.

My history is this...DH and I started TTC in June 08. I got pregnant in September. I felt very nervous and was terrified something was going to go wrong. I guess my instinct was right. I had a m/c in October.

DH and I took a few months off from TTC and decided in January 2009 to start again. I got pregnant in April but had another m/c in May. I had a new OB at that point, and he agreed to start RPL testing for us. It was discovered I had elevated anticardiolipin antibodies and I was told to start taking baby aspirin every day. I was also told to wait two cycles to TTC. We never made past the initial bloodwork. While we were "on a break" I ended up pg. I was temping/charting and O'd way early.Of course when I figured it out, it was too late. I was convinced it would end badly, but it didn't. Our daughter was born via c/s due to being frank breech. She was perfect!

DH and I decided we would TTC again when she was 6 months old because we were concerned about the previous issues,and also because we wanted three children. I am turning 35 in a few months and was starting to worry about that as well. It is now our 7th cycle trying. I am going to OB tomorrow for my yearly exam and plan on asking him about next steps. I was really hoping TTC this time around would be easier.

Sorry that was so long.

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome to the board.  I am sorry for your losses. Talking to the OB is a start, but if I were you, I would consult an RE.  The specialize in getting women pregnant and have the knowledge and experience that an OBGYN does not.  Lots of luck to you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

imageAmandaMacD:
    Welcome to the board.  I am sorry for your losses. Talking to the OB is a start, but if I were you, I would consult an RE.  The specialize in getting women pregnant and have the knowledge and experience that an OBGYN does not.  Lots of luck to you.

Thank you. I have to get a referral for the RE, so I am hoping to get that today. My insurance only covers diagnostics, not treatment for IF but I have to have the referral to get an appointment.

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JMayJMay member

Welcome!  I hope your stay is short and sweet. 

I turn 35 in a few months too, and dont have my first RE appt until the end of the month.  Getting excited, but regretting waiting so long.  Let us know how your appointment goes today!

Smile

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"