Babies on the Brain
Options

Duuude, that sounds expensive.

2»

Re: Duuude, that sounds expensive.

• Options

I posted this on 3-6, but my (likely) unpopular opinion is that people who actively ttc with being completely aware they don't have maternity/insurance coverage should be charged with some sort of child endangerment.  Will they ever be charged?  No, lol.  Maybe child endangerment isn't the right term, but the fact is that purposely walking right into potentially hundreds of thousands of medical debt before the children are even here----that's insane and doesn't form the groundwork for a stable and healthy (mentally, emotionally) household.  

Government assistance is great for people that truly need it.  If someone (that 1%) gets pregnant using BC.  If someone has insurance and loses their job after they get pregnant, etc.  

However, if mommy and daddy are charting, using opks and TI, not using bcp all while knowing full well they don't have the maternity coverage/plain old insurance coverage they need--obviously (imo) they lack the proper decision making skills to be providing a safe, stable household. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    imagecrazynervous:

I must be missing something. Is she complaining about the cost?  Most self-insured policies don't include maternity a few will allow you to add it but it has alot of rules.  Anyway, we don't have maternity at the moment but if we were to get pregnant I would still try to keep costs down but I am completely confident we could pay any maternity bills that occured.  I also want to point out the minute those peanuts pop out they will be covered under the parents insurance as individual dependants, not under maternity.

I guess I don't see the big deal. 

Oh wow, seriously?  You are completely confident you could pay what would potentially be hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills?  And no, they aren't necessarily covered under their parents medical insurance as soon as they pop out. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecrazynervous:

I must be missing something. Is she complaining about the cost?  Most self-insured policies don't include maternity a few will allow you to add it but it has alot of rules.  Anyway, we don't have maternity at the moment but if we were to get pregnant I would still try to keep costs down but I am completely confident we could pay any maternity bills that occured.  I also want to point out the minute those peanuts pop out they will be covered under the parents insurance as individual dependants, not under maternity.

I guess I don't see the big deal. 

Maybe they will, you don't know the terms of that woman's policy.  But that's really beside the point, you can rack up tens of thousands of dollars (hospital bed rest, for example) BEFORE the children are even born. Assuming that won't happen to you and you can get buy w/o maternity coverage is just insane and financially stupid. 

• Options
    If you are self employed and self insured, is it possible to get maternity coverage, or is that only for group plans?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageheather_09_15_07:
    If you are self employed and self insured, is it possible to get maternity coverage, or is that only for group plans?

when I was self insured maternity coverage was an additional rider.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecaffinated_tulip:
    40K if there's no complications is what I heard for a multiples pregnancy.

::Faints::

Thank God for Universal health care. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"