Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

just curious?

Is it possible to O without a +OPK?

My friend who is TTC also had a negative OPK's all cycle, but definitely ovulated which was proven by a progesterone level.  How can this be?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: just curious?

• Options
    Anything is possible....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, its possible.

She may have just missed her surge when testing. She could have tested at the wrong times and may have a short surge.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageChrissy626:

Yes, its possible.

She may have just missed her surge when testing. She could have tested at the wrong times and may have a short surge.

Good call, I never thought of that! Thanks :)

• Options
    i can tell you the last cycle i got pregnant with my DD i didnt get a +opk.....now that being said this cycle i am using the IC and the CBE OPK so that there is no mistaking when the + is. mostly though i am using cervical position and CM.
    DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • Options
    OPKs aren't as reliable.  They help detect the LH surge, but the time in which they are taken can drastically effect the outcome.  The peak levels are usually in the afternoon or early evening.  So, taking the test outside of that time frame can give you a false negative.  I had that last month when all other signs showed I ovulated properly.  Unlike home pregnancy tests, the window to find that LH surge can be very tiny.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like she just missed her surge.  Last cycle I tested in the morning and got a negative and then again around 2 pm and it was positive.  The next morning it was negative again.  If I hadn't tested the second time that day, I wouldn't have seen my surge.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    It's definitely possible - like PP said, the window to find the surge can be small, which makes them less reliable.  They're a good secondary indicator of ovulation, but they shouldn't be the only thing you rely on.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"