Upstate Prenatal Yoga/Pilates — The Bump
South Carolina Babies

Upstate Prenatal Yoga/Pilates

I'm looking for a good prenatal yoga or pilates class.  Does anyone know of something available in Greenville or Anderson?
"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech

Re: Upstate Prenatal Yoga/Pilates

• 90 Degrees Yoga has a prenatal class in a non-heated room.
  • Loading the player...
  • orezzoli: Where is 90 degrees Yoga? I live in Oconee Co.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It is in Greenville. I don't know any in Oconee...sorry.Confused
  • I found one in Clemson but I gotta wait for the first of the year. Thanks Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tried to find a pilates/yoga class for me to go to in order to do it for pre and post term. I honestly found none of them up to my standards of what i was looking for. You had a high price per class and yearly expense. If the classes were full and you got there last you were S.O.L. You had to bring all your own equipment and i felt extremely uncomfortable walking around on a carpet where 100 other people walked during the day while I was barefoot. Not to mention that but it was people 4 months, and people 8 months and there was no help from anyone telling me what position was best for MY trimester.

MY BEST ADVICE! Get a pregnancy yoga kit yourself. I got mine for $30 on Amazon.com. It is pre and post natal,  goes per trimester and shows you the best positions and stretches and relaxation modes. I could do it as often as I wanted to for as long as I wanted to in the comfort and privacy of my own home. I could put on relaxing music, or jam out to some punk rock. I loved the experience and I honestly think that me doing it at home helped me better connect to my baby rather than sitting there in a room full of people worried if I was doing it right. ALSO it was post natal, so when my little baby DOES get here I can enjoy spending time with them and relax with them.

Please know that you should always check with your physician before persuing. 

• Greenville Yoga has some great "Yoga for Women's Health" classes. Usually over 50% of the women in there are pregnant. Classes are only $10 apiece (or $5 for teachers). Definitely worth checking out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards