Austin Babies
Options

i got a nook!

Anyone want to share books? not that I have anything other than the elephant books that it came with :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: i got a nook!

• Options
    I have some I can share with you ;-) You're gonna love it.
  • Options

did you get the Nook or Nook color?  I had the Nook and just got the Nook Color, love both of them!

Check out The B&N free ebooks online.  I did not see any I wanted but DH found some, they had several of the Star Wars books for free. (not sure if you read those but I now you like Star Wars)

I haven't done any of the sharing yet, but if I have anything you are interested in I am up for sharing.  I have all of the Hunger Game books I can Lend you.  You can only lend books that have the "Lend Me" logo, not all books are lendable.   Let me know if you are interested.  I think I just have to put in your email address (the one your Nook is registered with).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oooohhhhh...how fun!

DH and I were having a discussion about the Nook yesterday and he said he's read there's actually a way you can hack the hardware to make it into basically an ipad if you want it to multifunctional.  

• Options
    imageditzydi_2000:

Oooohhhhh...how fun!

DH and I were having a discussion about the Nook yesterday and he said he's read there's actually a way you can hack the hardware to make it into basically an ipad if you want it to multifunctional.  

this is only true of the Nook color.  You can hack it to make it a Android tablet.  There are a few downfalls though.  you can use the Nook app to make it a ereader again and read your B&N ebooks but some of the Nook specific books no longer work in this format.  I have not decided on whether or not to have DH hack mine because it is mostly the kids ebooks that are affected by this.  Abby likes reading the books on my Nook so many of those would no longer work.

• Options
    imageA&Jmom:

did you get the Nook or Nook color?  I had the Nook and just got the Nook Color, love both of them!

Check out The B&N free ebooks online.  I did not see any I wanted but DH found some, they had several of the Star Wars books for free. (not sure if you read those but I now you like Star Wars)

I haven't done any of the sharing yet, but if I have anything you are interested in I am up for sharing.  I have all of the Hunger Game books I can Lend you.  You can only lend books that have the "Lend Me" logo, not all books are lendable.   Let me know if you are interested.  I think I just have to put in your email address (the one your Nook is registered with).

If fijarl doesn't want the Hunger Games books I would love to read them! I haven't bought much yet but I am definitely open to lending stuff.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    imageKim777:
    imageA&Jmom:

If fijarl doesn't want the Hunger Games books I would love to read them! I haven't bought much yet but I am definitely open to lending stuff.

Is your Nook registered to your email address that I have?  I would be happy to loan them to you (I think it has to be one at a time).  Shoot me an email!

• Options

I got the color one!

We decided to follow one of the other nesties and read a book together. He has a kindle, but I thought the nook color looked super cool.

He said there's a way you can download the books and strip the drm off of em and then he can read them on the kindle too.

This is cool.

• Options
    Don't know if you have tried this yet but the Round Rock library lends ebooks that you can load on your Nook (regular or color) and Sony eReaders. You just have to sign up and select books. They can only lend books to a certain number of people at a time and for only 3 weeks. I checked out a book last month and it worked great.
  • Options
    imageA&Jmom:
    imageditzydi_2000:

Oooohhhhh...how fun!

this is only true of the Nook color.  You can hack it to make it a Android tablet.  There are a few downfalls though.  you can use the Nook app to make it a ereader again and read your B&N ebooks but some of the Nook specific books no longer work in this format.  I have not decided on whether or not to have DH hack mine because it is mostly the kids ebooks that are affected by this.  Abby likes reading the books on my Nook so many of those would no longer work.

That's good to know.  I haven't really done a whole lot of research into the whole process.  I'm contemplating buying one for DH for his birthday in April but he's not much of a reader anyway, so I don't think losing the reader capabilities would be the end of world for him.   

• Options

image10-4LilBuddy:
    Don't know if you have tried this yet but the Round Rock library lends ebooks that you can load on your Nook (regular or color) and Sony eReaders. You just have to sign up and select books. They can only lend books to a certain number of people at a time and for only 3 weeks. I checked out a book last month and it worked great.

cool, I'll have to check if the libraries out here do that too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"