2nd Trimester
Options

To all the people that get mad when they see a "what to do with our pets post"

https://i.imgur.com/Skbgy.png

And in case random links scare you, I will copy/paste :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To all the people that get mad when they see a "what to do with our pets post"

• Options
    hahaha that is great!! i love it! especially b/c i can't possibly imagine getting rid of my 2 pups, even w/ a child on the way!! they are my babies too :)
  • Options
    I love this! I don't even have pets, but I cringe when I see those posts. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! That made my day. It did sound a lot like some of the posts we get on here about how they really love their animal but they just can't have the baby and their dog.
  • Options
    AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Options

I'm glad you ladies liked it :)

A few weeks ago DH suggested we get rid of our youngest cat, and was subsequently read the riot act! Since then he has realized the idiocy of his prior thinking, and found this gem of a craigslist posting to share with us today :) 

• Options
    Love it!
  • Options

This is amazing! I can't imagine ever giving up one of my furry babies for any reason. When we adopted our dog and 3 cats we understood it was a lifelong commitment. Through rain or shine we will be here for them. My almost 11 month old son LOVES his "Jacks" (he calls all the cats by the name of our very bad kitten because we're always yelling his name...so cute!) and he plays with them and laughs at all the pets every day. My in-laws (middle eastern family who just doesn't understand the bond you develop with animals) absolutely hates that we have so many pets and hates when they go by our son. They're always trying to tell us to get rid of them and I just laugh and say "They were your grandkids first" hahah. Thanks for posting this. I hope more people realize that you can have a baby and pets...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I thought the ad was hilarious. But I have to ask, what if your dog becomes aggressive toward you during pregnancy and or later on, the baby?

How do you address it? 

My coworker had a large breed dog that became very aggressive toward her. Her husband worked nights, she worked days, so she was always alone with their infant when she was with the dog. They did give the dog up to a shelter (my stomach turned when they told me) but what should they have done?  I'm not asking to start trouble, I'm just genuinely interested.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    image11kacey:

I thought the ad was hilarious. But I have to ask, what if your dog becomes aggressive toward you during pregnancy and or later on, the baby?

How do you address it? 

My coworker had a large breed dog that became very aggressive toward her. Her husband worked nights, she worked days, so she was always alone with their infant when she was with the dog. They did give the dog up to a shelter (my stomach turned when they told me) but what should they have done?  I'm not asking to start trouble, I'm just genuinely interested.

There are underlying reasons, I'd imagine. A good vet could've probably helped them and recommended possibly classes or other techniques. until then, I would have made the dog a place in one area of the house/yard while hubby was away.

If she depended on the dog as a "protector" more than usual while pregnant, it could be the dog felt it achieved an alpha status OVER her. Now, the baby comes, and the dog is expected to "lose it's place in the pack".  It may have taken some time. This is why it's best to start a regimen before baby comes. A good vet could probably point anyone in the right direction.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOL I have seen that...and have responded to numerous posts about people's excuses for dumping their pets...when I give reasons for the behavior & suggestions I am ignored... hence the link in my siggy Stick out tongue
    imageimage
    You will forever be my best friend. I can almost feel our hugs. I will ensure everyone will know (now and in the future) what a genuine, kind, loving person you were...I already miss your laughter and our daily conversations. I love you, Samantha. May 20, 1983- February 20, 2012
  • Options
    I totally love this! Thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    imagefadushi:

This is amazing! I can't imagine ever giving up one of my furry babies for any reason. When we adopted our dog and 3 cats we understood it was a lifelong commitment. Through rain or shine we will be here for them. My almost 11 month old son LOVES his "Jacks" (he calls all the cats by the name of our very bad kitten because we're always yelling his name...so cute!) and he plays with them and laughs at all the pets every day. My in-laws (middle eastern family who just doesn't understand the bond you develop with animals) absolutely hates that we have so many pets and hates when they go by our son. They're always trying to tell us to get rid of them and I just laugh and say "They were your grandkids first" hahah. Thanks for posting this. I hope more people realize that you can have a baby and pets...

This exactly! Thanks to the original poster and to fadushi, quoted above! My MIL also tried to get us to "do something" about our cats but by now she's realised I would sooner bite her head off...

The add was so perfectly detailed... I just mailed that link to all the people I know. Maybe it'll "enlighten" some of them.

=)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

omg! 

i totally approve of this post.  i have been getting more and more riled up each time i see one of the "oh no will my pet hurt my baby" posts.  i can only assume that these posters didn't grow up in a pet-friendly homes...

• Options
    That is great!!!
  • Options
    That is awesome, I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    beyond awesome!!!!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Love love love love love love it! Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    Oh my goodness I LOVE this! You are so awesome ~ I laughed so hard while reading this because if you change "puppy" to "baby", you have about 1/2 the pet posts almost word for word from 1st tri board!! Thank you so much for giving me a good laugh today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"