Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Hemorrhoids? (TMI)

Okay... I'm trying to figure out what's going on down there. I had to push for 2+ hours during delivery. It's been a week, and I've only pooped once, plus passed a few small pebbles and some softer poop has been on the tissue when I wipe.

I keep getting strong urges to poop, like I have had in the past with diarrhea. The urge seems to come from the outside though, rather than the inside. My anus feels a little painful, but it's not itchy. I'm taking the stool softeners like the hospital said to. I haven't been eating as much or the same types of foods that I did before delivery, and I have been as mobile.

I'm trying to figure out if what I have is hemorrhoids. I've never had them before, but it seems like all I do all day is sit on the toilet with these urges to push. I did a google search and read how to cure them... the stuff I read said don't push, don't sit on the toilet too long, increase water and add fiber to your diet. I've been doing those things for 2 days, but nothing is helping.

I hate not pushing because I just pray that something will come out! If something is trying to pass, and I'm just holding it all in, isn't that bad too?

Help!

Re: Hemorrhoids? (TMI)

• Options

It sounds like you are majorly constipated. Hemorrhoids don't generally keep you from pooping; it just hurts/bleeds when you do.

The only way to know if you have hemorrhoids is to ask your doctor. Are you bleeding when you are pooping?

I am going to recommend that a) you call and make an apt with your doc and b) that you try to go as soon as you feel the urge to. Not going will make you more constipated, which will make it more painful to go (whether you have a hemorrhoid or not). 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options

I had the same feeling. I only pushed for 20 minutes but the doctor had to cut me.

It went away on it's own after about 2 weeks.

Maybe it's just the healing process? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The little poop pebbles, fact that you've only gone once in a week (!) and general discomfort are making me wonder if you could be impacted.  I'd say definitely call your Dr.  If it's not hemorrhoids, you could wind up with them from trying to push (though I also second PP not to hold it; if you feel like you need to go, you should try.  Just no purple pushing).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There is no way I wouldn't know about my hemmroids. They hurt SO badly and they are HUGE things that poke out around your bum. It is insane. I only pushed for 18 minutes so I am so surprised that I have them so bad. Today I was bed ridden because the ones I have are so bad the doctor said I have to stay off my feet or go in and have them operated on. Scary.

I would increase your water and keep taking the stool softeners. My doctor said i could take something like Miralax if I can't go after a couple days but I didn't end up needing it. You may want to speak to your doctor about something more than the softeners.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKyleTrigger:

There is no way I wouldn't know about my hemmroids. They hurt SO badly and they are HUGE things that poke out around your bum. It is insane. I only pushed for 18 minutes so I am so surprised that I have them so bad. Today I was bed ridden because the ones I have are so bad the doctor said I have to stay off my feet or go in and have them operated on. Scary.

I would increase your water and keep taking the stool softeners. My doctor said i could take something like Miralax if I can't go after a couple days but I didn't end up needing it. You may want to speak to your doctor about something more than the softeners.

um, yeah, i have never had a roid in my life and now they are totally there.  I'm using the tucks pads, stool softeners, etc.  Did your doctor say if they will go away on their own or will you have to have surgery regardless?  It really sucks!  I'm only 1 week pp so I'm waiting another week to see what happens with the jerks!

• Options

I had a c-section (did push for a little while) and am still dealing with them 5 months later.  It's not a constant thing but flares up every once and a while.  Never had them before being pregnant.

You have my sympathy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"