Multiples
Options

I have my first stretch marks *sob*

Not to sound vain, but I almost cried when I saw them this morning! I'm really not a vain person(especially since I already have a nasty 7inch vertical scar running up my belly), but I guess I was going through some sort of emotional low this morning... Not to whine, but I'm pretty sure no 21yr old wants her body to go through as many traumatic experiences as mine's gone through this past year... Surprise surgery with a 7 inch fibroid scar left as a reminder, and then surprise twins...and now purple stretch marks criss-crossing my lower abdomen...and not to mention that I have strep throat... Oh do I ever feel beautiful...NOT!

Sorry for the vent... I rarely feel like this, and I'm still super stoked that I was even able to get pregnant(despite on not planning to for at least 2 more years), and I know it's all worth it! Once I hold those babies I won't care what I look like! Plus I have one of those darling husbands who tells me how beautiful I am every day, so I need to stop complaining:P I guess my vanity was just a little hurt this morning when I saw those lovely purple marks... 

And did I mention the beautiful spider and varicose veins... Okay, I'm done now:D 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have my first stretch marks *sob*

• Options
    I'm not judging you. I'm 25 and sad that my body will never be the same. Shallow but true. Same as you though, wouldn't trade it in for the world!

Someone sent this site on our August 2011 board and I found it somewhat scary but also really wonderful. https://theshapeofamother.com/
  • Options
    I can totally relate! I had my first real "meltdown" when I looked up "twin skin" online....Crying Up to that point I had just assumed that I would be getting my bikini belly back ASAP after delivery. Now I'm just more realistic and crossing my fingers that my skin will love me in another 3 months. Sometimes its just hard to feel sexy when you're carrying twins and have to look in the mirror every morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No flames here.  I'm 26 and not a big fan of my new twin body.  After DS1 my belly looked pretty darn good after getting back to pre-pg weight (no stretch marks with him), my boobs were a little lower but not too bad.  After my twins, I now have a 3 finger diastasis, a TINY bit of "twin skin" around my belly button (but not enough to be sad about), a belly full of stretch marks that are about 80% faded, and my boobs looking like hangy pancakes.  It makes me very sad that at 26 I don't have the body I want.  I've been considering getting a boob job, but not sure how they would do after another pg (I know I can't get a tummy tuck, but if I knew a boob job would hold up, I'd sign up next year).  Even though my body's probably never going to be ready for a bikini again, I obviously wouldn't change it for the world.  My boys love me no matter what my belly or boobs look like (DH included), that's what matters the most. 
  • Options

Thanks guys! I've looked at twin skin pictures so I know what to expect... I guess it was just the first time it really hit me. I just have to keep thinking about my precious babies and how it's all worth it!!!

"SethandMellisa" Thanks for the website... it's always nice to know we're not alone! 

• Options

No flames from me-  I got stretch marks around 34 weeks and I cried my eyes out.

Some nights I would take a picture of the bottom of my belly since I couldn't see it anymore and the crying would start all over. 

To tell you the truth- there are days when I still cry about them, but when I see my boys smiling and laughing- it seems like such a silly thing to worry about! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I keep waiting for mine and when they show I will cry for sure. I didn't look so bad after my daughter but I don't think I will be so lucky with the twins.  I am scared of twin skin and stretch marks.   Hopefully, one day I can get a tummy tuckSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"