March 2011 Moms
Options

Contractions I can't feel...

So I posted before (Saturday) about the sharp stabbing pains... and this morning when I got up I had a gush of fluid and some mucus (srry TMI) and more 'knife' pains and baby wasn't moving.  So I said Eff it... Im going to L&D...  well they hooked me up to the monitors and no sooner did they do that baby starts moving... and continues to move for 3 hours... I felt so stupid.

BUT.... the monitor that was monitoring me was showing that my uterus was contracting.  I couldn't really feel them... but I could see them on the paper.  And I did have some 'period' cramping.

They sent me home... and told me to come back if I am bleeding, water breaks stabbing pain gets worse etc.  What frusterates me is they didnt do a swab to check my fluids or anything... and it was a resident.  If the monitor was showing contractions you think they would...

Anyone else experience anything like this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Contractions I can't feel...

• Options
    Yep I spent a lot of time on the monitor last pregnancy and it always showed I was having very consistent contractions, but I couldn't feel them at all.  And every single time, the resident would insist that I was in labor, baby would be here soon, and an internal needed to be done.  But that was never the case.  When its time, I think you'll probably feel the contractions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha yea I think when its real... I will feel them.  Just curious if anyone had these and then went into real labor shortly afterwards..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had contractions I can't feel, but I haven't been to L&D to be monitored.  The contractions have progressed so that I CAN feel them now, so that's my guess as to why the doc didn't swab you - Since they'll get stronger as you get closer to delivery.  

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options
    I can't feel my contractions, either.  I didn't even know I was having them until my CNM was trying to check the baby's position and told me I was having one. *shrugs* It's weird, but I'm glad I'm not the only one :)
    "Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"