VBAC

Headed to Dr's Office to Advocate for Self

Wish me luck.

I'm headed to the dr's office to talk about the early scheduling of my c/s - 40 weeks, when we had originally agreed upon 41 weeks. I'm hoping it goes well and they agree to move the c/s back a week as originally planned.

I really don't want to rub them the wrong way, b/c they have been so generous with how they've planned and organized the c/s to make it special for me. Apparently I have the best anesthesiologist, I know I have the best match for a surgeon/obgyn and everyone is on board for having a doula and my husband at the c/s birth.

On the flip side, I think I might be experiencing mild contractions. They are definitely not braxton hicks and feel slightly uncomfortable. Gas pains, down low, but super mild, nothing to get excited for. I plan on walking like crazy today after my appt.

Best of Luck to all of us!

Re: Headed to Dr's Office to Advocate for Self

• Ooh, best of luck and obviously report back! 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm back. Unfortunately the dr felt that going past 40 weeks was unsafe b/c of increased risk of rupture and decreased chance of success. He negotiated moving c/s to 40 W 4 D, which is a little longer away.

Hmm . .still processing.

• I'm sorry they didn't go for it entirely. Hopefully the extra days will be all you need! Hang in there!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well that is 4 days more than you had prior to speaking up for yourself!  Will you be doing an u/s or NST after your EDD? 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStrawberrywine:

I'm back. Unfortunately the dr felt that going past 40 weeks was unsafe b/c of increased risk of rupture and decreased chance of success. He negotiated moving c/s to 40 W 4 D, which is a little longer away.

Hmm . .still processing.

Well, at least it's some more time...and if you're feeling *something* hopefully that's a good sign! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"