Trouble TTC
Options

Taking a TTC break and a few questions (long, sorry)

I had a very disappointing cd 12 ultrasound yesterday.  My bad side was showing dominance, so this cycle is a bust already.  I was really upset afterwards and couldn't wait to get out to the car so I could cry.  They called me later in the afternoon, and after discussing things with DH, I told them that I am going to take a break until this summer.  I have all summer off (teacher) and I figure things will be less stressful then.  I'm hoping the break will be good for me.  

I am going to call back tomorrow and schedule a phone conference with my RE.  I haven't actually talked to her since December.  I'm concerned that on 50 mg of Clomid (my third month) I still am only producing one measurable follicle.  I know you don't want to produce a ton of them for IUI, but I figured two would be a better number.  Also, last cycle on the same dose of Clomid, on cd 13 my lining was a 10.  They said that was great.  Yesterday, it was only a 6.  Why would that be?   

Also, I have another question.  Are any of you on meds for anxiety while TTC?  I've had bad anxiety for about a year now and I just don't know if I can keep ignoring it.  However, I'm hesitant to go on any type of medicine while TTC.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: Taking a TTC break and a few questions (long, sorry)

• Options
    I don't have any answers to your questions, but I'm really sorry that you haven't responded well.  I hope that the break helps you.
    Mrs. Little Drew 10/25/08
    Blog
    TTC since 1/2010 - Dx with Stage IV Endo
    11/10 - 100mg Clomid + trigger + IUI + Estradiol + Progesterone = BFN
    12/10 - Unmedicated cycle due to RE not doing treatments in December = BFN
    1/11 - 100mg Clomid + trigger + IUI + Estradiol + Progesterone = BFN
    2/11 - Same sh!t, different month = IUI cancelled due to no response = BFN
    IVF #1 - Start stims (Follistim) 5/10, add in Ganirelix 5/14
    ER 5/21 - 13 retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized; ET 5/26 - transferred one perfect 1AA blast. 3 snowbabies.
    Beta 6/3 - 15.8; Beta 6/7 - 21.8; Beta 6/10 - 7 :(
    FET - Transferred 1 AA blast 7/11. Beta 7/20 - 311! Beta 7/22 - 784!! First u/s 8/10
    *~PAIFW/SAIFW~*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry lady! IF really sucks. I think a break would be great. I took a month off last year and it was what I needed to get recharged.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKMLP:

I had a very disappointing cd 12 ultrasound yesterday.  My bad side was showing dominance, so this cycle is a bust already.  I was really upset afterwards and couldn't wait to get out to the car so I could cry.  They called me later in the afternoon, and after discussing things with DH, I told them that I am going to take a break until this summer.  I have all summer off (teacher) and I figure things will be less stressful then.  I'm hoping the break will be good for me.  

I am going to call back tomorrow and schedule a phone conference with my RE.  I haven't actually talked to her since December.  I'm concerned that on 50 mg of Clomid (my third month) I still am only producing one measurable follicle.  I know you don't want to produce a ton of them for IUI, but I figured two would be a better number.  Also, last cycle on the same dose of Clomid, on cd 13 my lining was a 10.  They said that was great.  Yesterday, it was only a 6.  Why would that be?   

Also, I have another question.  Are any of you on meds for anxiety while TTC?  I've had bad anxiety for about a year now and I just don't know if I can keep ignoring it.  However, I'm hesitant to go on any type of medicine while TTC.   

First of all i wanted to say I'm sorry that you're going through all of this. I'm a teacher also and will be taking a break after this cycle until the summer. I've found it really difficult to deal with both my school schedule, sub plans, appts, etc. 

As far as lining goes, my first CD12 was 6.5mm and the second was 10mm. I attribute the difference to really making sure I drank POM juice and raspberry leaf tea every day. 

I really hope you are able to get some answers soon. Best of luck!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options

I am also a teacher and understand the extra pressures of scheduling etc during this process.  Lukily my principal has been extremly flexible allowing me to use "flex time" to avoid having to use my days (since I am saving them for maternity leave).  My home, school and RE are also all within 15 mins of each other max so that makes it easier also. 

I took a break after 3 failed IUI's and the break was great.  I was able to start this cycle out much less stressed and with a better attitude.  I also began Acupunture and have been going for 2 months or so, which I think really helps. 

I don't have any answers for you, but wanted you to know you are not alone and I hope your break serves you well. 

SAIF
  • Options
    (((hugs))) I am so sorry you aren't responding better and that it is causing you so much anxiety. I really hope taking a break will help to put you in a better place. Thinking of you.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options

I know it is really hard - I've taken a med break the last two months and it has helped.  Now I'm more than ready to get back into action though! 

In regards to Clomid and the lining - the research I did (since it really thinned mine) was that the longer you take it - the more it thins your lining.  Since it stays in your system for up to 6 weeks - with each successive month it has the chance to keep thining your lining.  I think the best thing for yourself and your body is to take a break.   I'm switching to Femara this month in hopes that I will have a better response.  GL!

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Options

Sending you (((hugs))) I hope the break is what you need and brings you your BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry you had a bad u/s.  :(  That sounds really frustrating. 

I am not on anxiety meds for TTC, but I am on anxiety meds from before I was TTC.  I take Zoloft and it helps me a lot.  It's considered safe for pregnancy, which is good.  I also have an Rx for Klonopin, but I don't take it often at all, because it's not safe for pregnancy.  I won't take it in the 2ww, and that's normally when my anxiety gets worse.  I will say that acupuncture and exercise both really help me with my anxiety.

Also, my RE prescribes Estrace (estrogen) to be used after Clomid to help keep the lining strong (and to prevent cm dry-up).  So I do Clomid days 5-10 and then Estrace days 11-14.  So far my lining has been good with this combo.

Hang in there, and enjoy your months off from TTC!  If we aren't successful in the next 2 cycles, we'll probably be taking a break from ART for awhile too.

• Options

((hugs)) I'm so sorry hun. I was briefly on anxiety meds right after DH and I got married. (Lots of family things, death, heart attacks, car accidents it was a crazy time for both of our families and I completely lost it) I wasn't on them long as I hated how they made me feel. I have been considering going back on them with everything we have been going through but I'm just not sure which feeling I hate more. I have a few friends that are on anxiety meds and they are doing great. So I think it all depends on how you react to them. I hope that helps. Good luck sweetie I wish you the best!

imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN