Trouble TTC
Options

AW: Just got back from 1st monitoring appt.

I'm so excited!  Today was CD12 and I went in for my first monitoring appt. for IUI #1.  For some reason, I just assumed that they'd say to come back in a few more days for another ultrasound.  Nope!  She said everything looks great.

I had 5 measurable follicles on my right side: 18.1, 17.4, 17.1, 15.3 and 10.5.

I am supposed to trigger tomorrow night and go in for IUI Thursday morning.

For those of you with experience, does that amount/those sizes of follicles sound good for this point in the game?  Obviously I was told that it was great, but I'd love to get feedback from you girls.

TIA!

9/2010: First visit to RE = CD3 b/w (normal); CD7 ultrasound (normal); DH's SA (normal but morph wasn't analyzed, so doc ordered a 2nd SA); Prog. supplements starting 3dpo for all future cycles
10/2010: SHG to check tubes (normal!) & DH's 2nd SA (normal)
2/2011: Start first Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI cycle = BFN
3/2011: IUI # 2 (Clomid + 50iu Follistim + Estradiol + IUI) = BFP!!!
Beta #1 (14 dpo)= 161
Beta #2 (17 dpo)= 518
Beta #3 (24 dpo)= 7,728
BFP Chart
Ryder arrived a month early on November 28, 2011!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP Chart 2.0 - First cycle trying without RE intervention!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: AW: Just got back from 1st monitoring appt.

• Options
    woo-hoo, good luck!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

imagetrish212:
    Those numbers sound good, although it seems like they will all be mature when you trigger. Does your RE still do the IUI with more than 2-3 mature follies?

I was kind of worrying about this as well.  If the follies continue to grow over the next couple of days, it seems like they would all be mature, right? 

When I met with my RE about the IUI, I asked if he cancels cycles if there are too many follicles.  He said that he almost never cancels.  He explained that worst case scenario, he has a way to go in and reduce the amount of follies.  He didn't explain that process in any detail. 

The nurse that performed the U/S today didn't mention anything about there being too many.  So now I'm really nervous!  I guess I'll just ask the RE about it on Thursday morning before my procedure.

9/2010: First visit to RE = CD3 b/w (normal); CD7 ultrasound (normal); DH's SA (normal but morph wasn't analyzed, so doc ordered a 2nd SA); Prog. supplements starting 3dpo for all future cycles
    Beta #1 (14 dpo)= 161
    Beta #2 (17 dpo)= 518
    Beta #3 (24 dpo)= 7,728
    BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!
    TTC since 1/10
    dx with PCOS 1/11
    1/11 Started Clomid 100mg but stopped treatment due to testing for another problem
    2/11 Clomid 150mg/Ovidrel/Progesterone Suppliments = BFP!
    Had my beautiful baby girl November 10, 2011

BFP w/Baby #2 October 2012 Due Date June 15th 2012
  • Options

It definitely sounds like you will have four mature.  The fifth, may or may not be mature by that time. 

The way an RE can reduce the number of follies is by aspirating them.  It is pretty much the same thing as an ER during an IVF cycle.  They also aspirate cysts from time to time.

Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    imageSTL34:

It definitely sounds like you will have four mature.  The fifth, may or may not be mature by that time. 

The way an RE can reduce the number of follies is by aspirating them.  It is pretty much the same thing as an ER during an IVF cycle.  They also aspirate cysts from time to time.

Good luck!

I do remember him using the word "aspirate."  Is this a simple procedure?  Do you know whether it is something that he would just quickly do right before the IUI?  And finally, do you think the fact that no one mentioned anything to me today about having too many follies indicates that they probably aren't planning to reduce them?

Beta #1 (14 dpo)= 161
    Beta #2 (17 dpo)= 518
    Beta #3 (24 dpo)= 7,728
    BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagealhal:
    imageSTL34:

Good luck!

I do remember him using the word "aspirate."  Is this a simple procedure?  Do you know whether it is something that he would just quickly do right before the IUI?  And finally, do you think the fact that no one mentioned anything to me today about having too many follies indicates that they probably aren't planning to reduce them?

It is a fairly simple procedure.  But, I was under anesthesia each time it was done (for IVF and for cyst aspiration).  Conequently, I would think they would tell you in advance (if they use anesthesia, you wouldn't be able to drink before hand) if you were having it done.  However, it is sometimes done under more conscious sedation which may not have the same restrictions. 

I really don't know if they will do it before your IUI.    If you have already ovulated by the time of IUI, they couldn't do it.  I guess they would have to do an u/s first to determine.  It might be worth a call to your nurse if you are concerned.  Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    imageSTL34:
    imagealhal:
    imageSTL34:

Good luck!

It is a fairly simple procedure.  But, I was under anesthesia each time it was done (for IVF and for cyst aspiration).  Conequently, I would think they would tell you in advance (if they use anesthesia, you wouldn't be able to drink before hand) if you were having it done.  However, it is sometimes done under more conscious sedation which may not have the same restrictions. 

I really don't know if they will do it before your IUI.    If you have already ovulated by the time of IUI, they couldn't do it.  I guess they would have to do an u/s first to determine.  It might be worth a call to your nurse if you are concerned.  Good luck!

I think I will give the nurse a call.  Thanks!

Beta #1 (14 dpo)= 161
    Beta #2 (17 dpo)= 518
    Beta #3 (24 dpo)= 7,728
    BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"