Multiples

DD has croup :(

Poor thing. She is so congested and has a horrible sounding cough. I took them to a potential daycare on tuesday. We were in the infant room for 20 mins!!! DD was being held by one of the caregivers. I held DS. He seems fine right now but DD has croup.

Anyone have any experience with croup? Dr said to use a cold air humidifier but i don't have one. Mine is only heat. Any other suggestions to help my little one get over this?

I have her in a bouncy seat now for naps and she slept in it last night next to me because i was so scared she was going to choke.

First illness and i have to say this sucks.

Needless to say i will not be using that daycare!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: DD has croup :(

• I hope she feels better!  Both of my girls have had RSV already.  Sick babies stink, but honestly they are going to get sick no matter what daycare you use.  Kids are filled with germs!
  • My one DD gets it every time she gets a respiratory infection, steamy bathroom helps a bit. My Ped gave us an oral steroid to use for it, and it helped some within a few hours and completely gone by the next day. If she is really struggling to breath call your ped or take her to the ER.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshellshavintwins:
    My one DD gets it every time she gets a respiratory infection, steamy bathroom helps a bit. My Ped gave us an oral steroid to use for it, and it helped some within a few hours and completely gone by the next day. If she is really struggling to breath call your ped or take her to the ER.

I brought her to the kiddy ER we have in our area today. They gave her the oral steroid so i'm hoping she'll be feeling better soon. I am not handling her being sick very well. Everytime she coughs i can't help but tear up. I am such a sap. I hope she is feeling better tomorrow from this stuff. That would be fantastic!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • William was diagnosed with it when we went to the ER one night at 2am.  It really wasn't that bad, he only had 1 attack.  You can turn the shower on full hot and let the steam build up, or bundle them up and take them out in the cold air.  IMO, don't sweat it.  I was so concerned at first, but it really wasn't a big deal at all. 
  • Poor little thing :(
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pretty much what everyone else said already, except I was told by my pedi NOT to do steam, since the goal is to reduce swelling of the airway and heat was not the way to do it. However, freezer air and outside air (if it's cold enough) work wonderfully! Good luck, and I hope the steroid kicks in soon :( Both my boys just had it a week or so ago for the second time, it sucks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"