Austin Babies
Options

VENT!

UGH! I just do not get my MIL!  Abby "lost" one of the christmas gifts my SIL gave her.  "Lost" as in it is in her room somewhere we just have not dug out everything looking for it yet (YET, as in I plan on doing this just not today). Well, MIL has now been in Abby's room with her for an hour making her clean her room.  I get the responsibility thing and teaching it to Abby is important and we do that.  But, really this is the way you want to spend your time with your granddaughter who you always complain about not getting to see often enough.  I just do not get that!

Re: VENT!

• Options

that sucks. and i know i'm preaching to the choir here, but i had one grandmother like that and the other grandmother who kept the sugary cereal in the pantry, took us out to the park, taught me how to knit, etc. guess which one i liked more?

i hate that abby is going to have this memory of cleaning her room w/ her grandmother. lame.

• Options
    imagemcurban:

that sucks. and i know i'm preaching to the choir here, but i had one grandmother like that and the other grandmother who kept the sugary cereal in the pantry, took us out to the park, taught me how to knit, etc. guess which one i liked more?

i hate that abby is going to have this memory of cleaning her room w/ her grandmother. lame.

I know, I did too.  One of my grandmothers always put me to work when we visited her and rarely did fun stuff with us.   I always liked the one that played games etc with us much better.  :P  Luckily, it has not affected Abby's and my MIL's relationship, I just hope it stays that way.  I know I also "complain" about my mom letting Abby eat a bunch of sugar, having no rules, etc but I honestly think that is what grandparents are for, not for the disciplining. Oh well!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a feeling my mom will be like this.  I spent most of my childhood grounded because my room was never clean or organized enough for her standards.  My MIL would never do that, even though they are both clean/neat freaks.
  • Options
    No way!! I would be po'd. That is terrible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Annoying x10.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd be more irritated that MIL is participating in discipline than anything else. It's my job to keep my kids room clean to our family's standards and enforce how my kids do that. Grandmas are supposed to be fun, not teach responsibility ;) Although I think mine did a good job of doing both. I mean, you only get so much money and have to figure out how many Bingo cards you can buy with it Wink
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh.  That really does suck!  Seriously, when  you give a gift to a kid, you can't really expect to see it ever again -- and searching it out to make sure the kid is playing with it, etc, is just annoying.  Hopefully you'll get a thank you and the parents will tell you how much they love a certain toy, but as a parent I now know that even the favorite toys have a limited lifespan -- so several things given at Christmas are out of the fave rotation already!

And d@mn I'd be annoyed that my MIL was putting things away in any spot -- how the heck will I know where anything is then AND what if she decides to throw out things I still want?!?  (I actually get annoyed with my DH over that all the time, finding things in the trash that are NOT trash, at least in my mind!)

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"