Pregnant after IF
Options

Hi ladies, can I join you over here?

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on the bump in quite some time. I recognize some names, and others I don't. A summary of my journey is in my siggy...which I am in the process of updating.

After my RE told me my only option was ovarian drilling, I got very depressed and had to take a bump break. Then, it was computer problems off and on. When I was finally able to come back, I went to my home board (3T) and it was like a totallly different world. I had been "left behind" by all my friends that moved here (some to SAIF by now). That depressed me even more.

Well, I saw a new RE, he put me on one dose of Femara with IUI and not only did I ovulate (for the first time in at least a year and a half), but the IUI was a success! I got my BFP on Valentine's Day. My first beta was 28, which really scared me. My second was 66, so it doubled. The RE's explanation was that the HPT just showed up positive really early (I tested at 12dpiui with a digital), so it was normal for the numbers to be low. I've been peeing on everything in sight since then and all my lines keep getting darker and darker. Now, they're darker than the control line.

So, I should be 6 weeks tomorrow. Right now, my EDD is late October (24th?). I won't see the RE for my first pregnancy u/s until March 15, which will be ~ 8 weeks.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
SAIF Always Welcome
Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
Cycle 9: Financial Break
Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11

Re: Hi ladies, can I join you over here?

• Options
    congrats on your bfp!  Sorry you have to wait so long for your first u/s, i know the wait is brutal.  Good luck!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
    ? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!!

• Options
    Congrats! I am newly on here too! That is crazy that they told you than only ovarian drilling would work. I am curious why they came to that conclusion. Good thing you went to a new re!
    TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got very teary when I read this...(I've hit the super weepy stage of pregnancy, I think.)  I am so happy for you and your BFP!!!!  I am also so thrilled that you decided to seek a second opinion.  I've heard a lot from ladies when they are recommended for ovarian drilling, and I'm glad that you didn't have to make that decision.

Can't wait to hear about your first U/S!

• Options

Thanks for the welcome!! 

I honestly feel like this particular RE was out for money. I had heard other people say that, as well, but I gave him a shot because he was recommended by my OB. He told me I had the most stubborn ovaries he'd ever seen. He would've been happy for me to get a second opinion as well, but only with a doctor in his practice that he would set up the appt with. Ugh! I got a second opinion, alright. 2.5 mg of Femara worked! I'm still a little bitter because we spent our entire savings in 2 weeks on Bravelle and u/s (we're OOP). When I got to the new RE he was telling us "Everybody knows PCOS doesn't respond well with Clomid" and "Bravelle is an older drug, why would he give you that?"  He recommended surgery when my first round of Clomid didn't work and I hesitated, saying I wanted to try other options first. I think he intentionally prescribed meds that he knew I wouldn't respond to and manipulated the dosages to "prove" that the only way for me was surgery. Then, he gets the insurance pay off for doing the surgery, where as if I shell out thousands of dollars to the pharmacy, he gets none of it.

I know that sounds a little paranoid, but to tell the whole story would take days Smile I'm so glad my new RE is so much more personable and seems to care about me as more than just dollar signs.

My Blog

SAIF Always Welcome
  • Options
    Congrats! I am newly on here too! That is crazy that they told you than only ovarian drilling would work. I am curious why they came to that conclusion. Good thing you went to a new re!
    TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Rena!! I remember you. Congrats!!!!
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options
    Rena!!!  Congrats!!  I'm so happy for you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations
  • Options
    Yay!!! Congratulations!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Congratulations!!  We're glad you're here...  Big Smile
    Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!
    Stacy
    PCOS, RPL, & Anti Cardiolipin Antibody
  • Options
    ::Butting in from 3T::  Congratulations, renafaith!  That is excellent news!  

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    I remember you from 3T!  Welcome and congrats!  

• Options

Thanks everyone! It's great to see so many familiar faces around here.

And thanks to STL for stopping by. Good luck this cycle!

My Blog

SAIF Always Welcome
  • Options

Welcome and congrats!

• Options
    Yay, congratulations!!  So many new Femara successes lately!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"