North Carolina Babies
Options

Acupuncture?

Have you any of you ever had acupuncture before? Thoughts on it in general?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Acupuncture?

• Options

I did for a foot injury I have.  It definitely helped more than anything any of the MDs I saw did for me.  I'm not usually an "alternative medicine" type of person but I do believe in the interconnectedness of issues someone has going on.  I think one of the biggest issues I had with my foot injury is that I have really really cold feet all of the time which suggests poor circulation in my feet.  So I don't think I was getting enough blood flow to my foot to help it heal and acupuncture helped get blood flow to the area to help it heal.

I went to The Center in Raleigh and saw Quinn Akira Takei and had a good experience.  Website:  www.thecenternhs.com

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did acupuncture for a back injury.  I only had to go twice or three times...and it worked wonders.  This is an existing injury that actually resulted in surgery and I knew if I went back to the surgeon or original doctor, I'd end up on pretty potent pain meds.  I'm so glad I tried acupuncture and without a doubt will go down that road again if I need to. 
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not sure if you're thinking about doing it in conjunction with TTC, but that's why I did it.  I went about once a week for about four months.  It was very relaxing and made me physically and mentally feel better.  I took a break from it for a couple of months, but then went back and did it the day of my egg transfer.

I firmly believe the months leading up to IVF helped cleanse my body and thicken the lining of my uterus (which was likely damaged from months of clomid) and also helped aid in implantation.  Do I know this for sure?  No.  But heck, the first IVF worked, so...

On another note, I've been having some major back pain lately, so I may make another appt to see if my acupuncturist can help me with that.

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options
    imageveronicacorningstone:

Not sure if you're thinking about doing it in conjunction with TTC, but that's why I did it.  I went about once a week for about four months.  It was very relaxing and made me physically and mentally feel better.  I took a break from it for a couple of months, but then went back and did it the day of my egg transfer.

I firmly believe the months leading up to IVF helped cleanse my body and thicken the lining of my uterus (which was likely damaged from months of clomid) and also helped aid in implantation.  Do I know this for sure?  No.  But heck, the first IVF worked, so...

On another note, I've been having some major back pain lately, so I may make another appt to see if my acupuncturist can help me with that.

Veronica- The connection between TTC and acupuncture is what I have been wondering about. If we haven't conceived by this summer, I am thinking it might be a good option to look into.

• Options

My neighbor (and close friend) is an acupuncturist and jokes that he "gets a lot of women pregnant".  But he has a lot of success with helping with fertility issues.  I have another neighbor who used acupuncture to help get her pregnant and prepare for a nature birth and she swears by it.  She went to a different acupuncturist in the area because she didn't realize he did it.  I am so not a western medicine type of girl, but I think I want to get treatments while trying and while pregnant after hearing her raves.  I have medical issues that they don't know how they will react/flare up when I'm pregnant, so I'm interested to see if western medicine can help these types of issues without medicine while pregnant. 

If you want any of their specific names/practices, let me know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"