Pregnant after IF
Options

Pcos ladies ... How did you get your bfp?

Coming over from ttc. I was wondering what ended up working for you? Clomid + IUI, injectibles +IUI, IVF ( what #), other.... I'm trying to figure out my next step. I didn't respond to clomid (not even 200mg). The NP said with the # of follicles injectibles doesn't seem to be promising. So just trying to wrap my head around this and need to feel like I can get pg. Thank you ladies.

Re: Pcos ladies ... How did you get your bfp?

• Options
    I am PCOS and IR so not sure if this would apply to you.  A low carb diet, metformin and femera worked for me.  I responded 2 out of 4 times on clomid but had a better response to femera.  I hope they find the right combination for you soon!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options
    I have PCOS (not IR) and we got pregnant on our third Femara + Ovidrel + IUI cycle.  I didn't respond to Clomid either but Femara worked really well for me.  I would definitely ask to try Femara before moving to injectables.  Good luck!   
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Gonal-F + IUI (plus met, low carb diet, and about a 20 lb weight loss). 

I was reluctant to try injectibles and put it off as long as possible. Go figure that was the protocol that got me pregnant. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't respond to clomid alone but when added to injectibles for IUI I ended up with OHSS.  We got our BFP from our 3rd FET from IVF. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I got pregnant on my first FET cycle after a failed fresh IVF.  I responded to medication (even clomid), but TI and IUI didn't work for me.  Good luck to you!
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Options

I didn't respond to Clomid either, no matter what dose I tried.  I did respond to Femara pretty well, responded even better to injectables alone, and then injectables + Femara (a hybrid cycle) was my sticky BFP.  We also did IUI when we could (depending on work/travel schedules, etc) and I took Ovidrel to trigger the follies and prometrium to supplement progesterone.  Oh, and I was also on Metformin. 

Lots of ladies with PCOS do try injectables even though we are at risk of producing too many follies b/c of the cystic nature of our ovaries... with REALLY thorough monitoring, the doctors can increase/decrease the dosage throughout the cycle to keep the ovaries stimulated to just the right degree.  I'd say look into Femara and then injectables (or a mix of the two) and I hope you have some good news soon!

G/L, HTH!

• Options
    I have PCOS, but my husband has severe male factor infertility, so our only option was IVF w/ ICSI. It seems to have worked. I'm 6 weeks pregnant today after our 1st IVF. Good luck to you!
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Options
    I am pregnant from our third Femara cycle.  I also take Metformin.  We did two Femara + TI cycles and one Femara + IUI cycle.  This one was actually a TI cycle!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We spent a year trying on our own and a year with an RE. We had four failed Clomid cycles at 200 mg each. I produced two follies each time. After those we took a two month break. I was getting ready start injects for an IUI and we got a surprise BFP. Wishing you lots of luck.
  • Options
    I have annovulatory PCOS and did not respond to Clomid. I just got my first BFP from our 5th IUI, second on injects with gonal F. GL!
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

As you can see from the responses, not responding to Clomid does not indicate that injects won't work for you. Are you with an RE? If not, you should be. If so, you should seek a second opinion.

Clomid at 150mg did not work for me, so we moved to Gonal-F plus Ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. This protocol got me to ovulate 4 times - of those 4 ovulations, I got pregnant 3 times with one resulting in DD, one resulting in a m/c, and one in this current pregnancy. GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't really respond to Clomid or Femara.  I got pregnant with one injection cycle + IUI.  I did injections for 20 days, though, since we had to go low and slow so I didn't overstimulate (got one mature follicle). Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you ladies for all your information. I am with a RE. I have PCOS and am anovulatory. I take Metformin and had to take estace and progesterone as well when needed. I feel better knowing that it is possible (I guess I knew but needed the reassurance).

Thank you so much!!

• Options

1st PG: Met, femara, trigger, IUI

2nd PG: Met, clomid, trigger, IUI

3rd PG: Met, Follistim, cancelled cycle, surprise BFP from intercourse.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

1st round of Femara did it for us

Provera+Femara+Trigger+Prog. supps=BFP 

• Options

metformin + 150mg clomid + novarel injection + IUI + acupuncture

GL!

• Options
    I was also a non-responder to clomid, and have consistently elevated LH levels, leaving my RE to label me as a "brittle" PCOSer.  I do not have any issues with insulin resistance.  So we went to injectables (Follistim) and IUI, and I got pregnant on my first try.  I responded really well to Follistim thankfully.  And now we have a 2 month old!  Good luck!!
    Infertility Success! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    See  my Siggy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"