Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Has anyone made a valance from a crib bumper?

We will re-use our breathable bumper for #2s room.  I have already torn apart the bumper to make wall art, and I have tons of left over fabric.  What's the easiest way to turn it into a valance?  Just finish the edges and make a poket for the rod?  Sew on tabs?  Use the ties from the bumper to hang it?  I have limited sewing skills...I mean I can sew a striaght line so I'm pretty sure I can do it, but any suggestions are appreciated : )

Re: Has anyone made a valance from a crib bumper?

• Options
    All of those would be pretty easy to do, my guess is that making a pocket for the rod would be the quickest and easiest.
  • Options

I did for my DS's room a few years ago! All we did was double it up and use the ties to tie it to a rod. Essentially no sew, aside from a few hand stiches. You can read about it here:

https://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/nursery-tours/nursery-tour-evans-brown-and-blue-with-pops-of-orange-room-047573

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I kinda took the easy way.   I stitched 2 quilted bumper pieces together to make it long enough for the window.  I changed the ties on one end to loop tabs and left the other ties on b/c they looked cute as little bows.  (We have Carter's TreeTops bedding.)

I have the other 2 pieces left and thought about taking them apart to make some wall art or frame a section.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

OMG!!!  I wish I would have thought of that before I cut the bumpers all to pieces!  I cut out 2 of the little animals on the bumpers and turned them into wall art by putting a coordinating piece of fabric behind them and trimming the edges with ribbon.  Then I put the whole thing into acrylic photo frames...

• Options
    I am thinking about doing it and have had this link saved for help with it. https://spiritualknitter.blogspot.com/2010/06/crib-bumper-to-valence-tutorial.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBeckyS1211:

OMG!!!  I wish I would have thought of that before I cut the bumpers all to pieces!  I cut out 2 of the little animals on the bumpers and turned them into wall art by putting a coordinating piece of fabric behind them and trimming the edges with ribbon.  Then I put the whole thing into acrylic photo frames...

Those turned out really cute!  I've also read that, if you have any more of those little animals available, you could stitch one to some of the backing and stuff the inside, to make little matching stuffed animals. 

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    There is a really good tutorial on how to do this on youtube.  The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmlkzt47MQ
  • Options
    You can also turn your bumper into a teether rail cover ! That's what we did it works great . I would have done a valance but my husband hates them . I also saw someone turn there's into a mat that can fold up . Can't remember where I saw it .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"