Illinois Babies
Options

Anyone with dealt with REs in Chicago?

Hi Ladies,

I'm wondering if any of you have experience or know anyone with experience dealing with REs in Chicago.  We're having trouble TTC and it's about time to see an RE.  We are blessed with so many options in the city that I was hoping to have some sort of recommendation to help narrow the list.

TIA!

TTC #1 since 02/2010, BFP on 1/24/11, EDD 10/5/11

2011 Boston Marathon (4/18/11) @ 16 weeks
Soldier Field 10 Miler (5/28/11) @ 22 weeks

BFP Chart @ Cycle #11
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone with dealt with REs in Chicago?

• Options
    Were you looking for an RE in the city or suburbs? My RE was Dr Sherbhan at Advanced Fertility in Gurnee. I was happy with him and the staff was wonderful. I also know of a few other RE's but all are in the suburbs.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options
    I worked with a group of Dr's from The Fertility Centers of Illinois.  Here is their website:https://www.fcionline.com/.  They have centers in River North and HIghland Park as well as tons of places in the burbs.  Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used FCI as well.
  • Options

imageChiTown Bridget:
    Were you looking for an RE in the city or suburbs? My RE was Dr Sherbhan at Advanced Fertility in Gurnee. I was happy with him and the staff was wonderful. I also know of a few other RE's but all are in the suburbs.

This.  IMHO, it's worth the drive (I'm in the NW burbs, an hour from Gurnee).  I didn't have a good experience at North Shore or FCI.  GL!

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• Options

We went to Northwestern Memorial Faculty Foundation's fertility clinic (downtown).  I wasn't totally impressed with bedside manner (everyone was very nice and seemed extremely professional though) but it worked so I guess at the end of the day that's what I care about.  We did IVF w/ ICSI and I'm expecting twin boys in March.

Dr. Edmond Confino was my doctor but I met with most of the other doctors throughout my cycle and they were all great.  The recommendation to go to Dr. Confino came from a friend who's a OB/GYNE resident at Northwestern.  She said that's who the doctor's go to when they have TTTC.   

• Options
    We started with Dr. Sipe at FCI (River North) and stayed with him for almost nine months. He recommended we proceed with IVF, but we decided to get a second opinion. I met with Dr. Kaplan (also in River North) and Dr. Edward Marut (FCI Highland Park). We decided to proceed with Marut. Although the hike to HIghland Park for the initial meeting is inconvenient, you can do most of your lab work and testing at the River North or other locations. We'd recommend Marut to any of our friends or family. His bedside manner is amazing, he's easy to talk to as a doctor, answers your questions and gives you an honest assessment based on your situation (not like you're a statistic or checklist). On round one of his plan, we had success
  • Options
    We started with Dr. Sipe at FCI (River North) and stayed with him for almost nine months. He recommended we proceed with IVF, but we decided to get a second opinion. I met with Dr. Kaplan (also in River North) and Dr. Edward Marut (FCI Highland Park). We decided to proceed with Marut. Although the hike to HIghland Park for the initial meeting is inconvenient, you can do most of your lab work and testing at the River North or other locations. We'd recommend Marut to any of our friends or family. His bedside manner is amazing, he's easy to talk to as a doctor, answers your questions and gives you an honest assessment based on your situation (not like you're a statistic or checklist). On round one of his plan, we had success.
  • Options
    Dr. Mary Wood-Molo (Rush University) is the best thing to ever happen to me. She is nationally renowned for fertility. I saw her after my m/c and she and her staff have taken amazing care of me. I "graduate" from her office next week and I'm so so sad.
  • Options

imagegrowingmybun:
    Dr. Mary Wood-Molo (Rush University) is the best thing to ever happen to me. She is nationally renowned for fertility. I saw her after my m/c and she and her staff have taken amazing care of me. I "graduate" from her office next week and I'm so so sad.

Echoing a recommendation for Dr. Wood-Molo! DH's primary care physician had TTTC and went to a number of doctors in the city for a number of years and never had success until he found her. She's got a very direct personality, but we had a great experience with her. Good luck!

I'm usually on SAIF, but feel free to page me if you ever have questions. 

• Options
    imagekme930:

imagegrowingmybun:

Echoing a recommendation for Dr. Wood-Molo! DH's primary care physician had TTTC and went to a number of doctors in the city for a number of years and never had success until he found her. She's got a very direct personality, but we had a great experience with her. Good luck!

I'm usually on SAIF, but feel free to page me if you ever have questions. 

Another plug for Dr. Wood Molo's office! They are wonderful and take such great care of you.  Always very prompt return calls and a caring staff.  I actually miss seeing them so often (not to mention the weekly u/s!)  but am elated to be 15 weeks and under the care of my high risk ob/gyn. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yet another plug for Mary Wood Molo. Tried to conceive for almost four years, went to tons of doctors, tried almost everything, went to Fertility Centers of Illinois (River North location) for awhile (was not a good fit for me as it felt quite factory like), and Dr Wood-Molo is the ONLY doctor who was able to help me. We did IVF and it worked on the very first try. I'm now 13 weeks and have 'graduated' to my regular OB. She is truly amazing, I just wish she did OB care as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"